• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coyote hunting advice?

Leatherneck

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
56   0
Reaction score
Some of my friends and I are going to a 2000 acre tract of land that is said to be covered in coyotes. The residents want us to eliminate all we can. We will only be there 2 days. What should we do to get the best opportunity to draw some of them in range?

I'd go with a few different calls and also the run and gun tactics. The fawn in distress may work but now that October is moving along most of the fawns (at least in GA) may not be getting as much attention as they were a month ago and during the summer.
Try rabbit and mouse distress calls, coyote calls, etc.
I know some folks that will take some gut piles and dump them on the ground and wait for them to show up too.

Try a set for a little while and then move to another one. 2000 acres is a lot of land so you can stick and move. Just keep the wind in your face.

Good luck and take a camera.

Great advice. Thanks.
I'd go with a few different calls and also the run and gun tactics. The fawn in distress may work but now that October is moving along most of the fawns (at least in GA) may not be getting as much attention as they were a month ago and during the summer.
Try rabbit and mouse distress calls, coyote calls, etc.
I know some folks that will take some gut piles and dump them on the ground and wait for them to show up too.

Try a set for a little while and then move to another one. 2000 acres is a lot of land so you can stick and move. Just keep the wind in your face.

Good luck and take a camera.

Back
Top Bottom