• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

crack in the windscreen

chucklenut

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
362   0
Reaction score
****, got a nice half dollar sized crack in the windshield, looks like a rock flew up at some point

dont care about it, not in a terrible place but i dont want it to spider out or get worse. any suggestions on what i can do if anything??

May be too late or big for a repair, but it is worth a try.

I had a stone ding with several 1"+ cracks and had it fixed. Guy said no guarantee, but it has been 6 years and it still looks fine, cracks all but invisible.

May be too late or big for a repair, but it is worth a try.

I had a stone ding with several 1"+ cracks and had it fixed. Guy said no guarantee, but it has been 6 years and it still looks fine, cracks all but invisible.
where would i get it repaired? could i do it myself?

where would i get it repaired? could i do it myself?

Auto parts stores sell the repair kits. I have used them for small dings, and they worked, no spreading.

For a larger ding or crack, the professional windshield repair guys would be my choice. Should be able to find a local to you guy with a search for windshield repairs or windshield chip repairs.

It is a one shot deal, you can not redo a repair that wasn't good enough, just replace the windshield then.

Windshield replacement is pretty cheap and they will come to you. I have replaced 3 F-450 windshields over the last 3 months and a couple of cars. Each one was $2-300.00. I wouldn’t call my insurance company. First get a quote to replace it, you might be surprised. If you need the guy I used number, pm me.

Back
Top Bottom