• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crazy Florida Deputy

The Cop wants to go home safe and works in a crazy world. Its our job to defuse the situation by showing our CCW permit and giving the Officer the good guy vibe/info that he is desperatly trying to descern in less than a minute. If you choose to exit the vehicle you have totally changed the officers mind set, his reaction time and protection (your vehicle). If you choose to not show your permit and exit your vehicle before being asked then its gonna be your lucky day and you get the vet cop or its kadeebarr the door as shown above. I choose to stay in my vehicle and control my side of the traffic stop.

Didn't give this cop the right to threaten to shoot the man and definitely didn't give him the right to arrest him in this case. I saw nothing that could be construed as threatening in the actions of the man being pulled over.

In hindsight, everything can be scrutinized.

In hindsight, the officer did seem to over react a bit, but you have to realize the state of mind an officer is in when he makes a stop. He has to approach the vehicle as if the driver could have a weapon and it could be used on him. The officer is better off detaining the individual until everything is sorted out rather than risking getting shot or shooting the individual.

Also in hindsight, the driver should not have jumped out of his van, reached around for his wallet wildly, and then turned around exposing his weapon.

At the end of the day, everyone wants to go home to their families and sleep, to live another day.

Regardless of what the state law requires or doesn't require an individual do upon being stopped by an officer, I make it a practice to hand the officer my carry permit along with my driver's license and insurance card when I am pulled over. I tell the officer that I have a weapon on me, the kind of weapon and the location of that weapon and then keep my hands on the steering wheel at 10 & 2 awaiting instruction. I would prefer to be transparent and safe, keep the officer at ease and not get shot over something silly as a traffic violation. Just what I practice, not saying everyone has to fall in line. Just my opinion.
um yeah but the officer also realizes there's always a gun there, his or hers. The driver is lucky he didn't get shot. And the other post is correct that wouldn't go in ga.

the best idea is to comply .. BUT doesn't make that cop innocent..... i lived in NC for most of my life, CCW there said to inform the "officer" as soon as you can... been in Ga 5 years now... respected the laws... and have had 5 handguns taken away from me because NC does not register weapons to a name

i don't like whats happened, but i comply- i know how it is here now, and i will ALWAYS comply within the law

some MF cop tells me he'll shoot me in the back??? i might just not comply.. wait for THAT video

i'm sorry if this seems like a tangent... but this s**t stirs demons

Back
Top Bottom