• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Credit Card Scam

Cash is King, Glad I don't do credit on anything but a home mortgage. I did get hit years ago on a Capital One card they closed the card and tried to re issue me a new one. Never went back after that. Pretty happy with a nonresistant credit score.
I also recommend a credit freeze (plus your spouse if applicable) so that new accounts can't be opened in your name. You can find a free guide to this at https://inteltechniques.com/blog/2019/01/02/data-removal-credit-freeze-workbook-update/

I’ve been cash only for a few years now. Deposit the amount i need to send the day I’m going to transfer if it must be done with a card.

I used to love the conversation with the bank whenever my debit card would get compromised.

“Well where did you use it? An ATM? A Gas Station? A restaurant? A grocery store? Oh no those places aren’t safe....”

Then why the **** do you keep giving us debit cards to use during daily transactions?
Where is safe if those areas aren’t?
Wtf is the point of even having a debit card system when clearly the ones issuing it and insuring it are the same one saying it’s unsecure?

Cash only. Bricked up. You want it, come and earn it the hard way. No way to rob me from behind a screen youre gonna have to get your hands dirty.

I’ve been cash only for a few years now. Deposit the amount i need to send the day I’m going to transfer if it must be done with a card.

I used to love the conversation with the bank whenever my debit card would get compromised.

“Well where did you use it? An ATM? A Gas Station? A restaurant? A grocery store? Oh no those places aren’t safe....”

Then why the **** do you keep giving us debit cards to use during daily transactions?
Where is safe if those areas aren’t?
Wtf is the point of even having a debit card system when clearly the ones issuing it and insuring it are the same one saying it’s unsecure?

Cash only. Bricked up. You want it, come and earn it the hard way. No way to rob me from behind a screen your gonna have to get your hands dirty.
I'm trying to switch to cash only for everyday expenses too, but convenience is a hard beast to kill.

Got hit again with our debit card. I used my card at a local gas station in Blue Ridge yesterday. I went inside to pay for some fuel and buy some cigarettes for the losers I was carting around. I thought it odd that they had the chip reading section of the machine covered and only the slide area available for use. Well, last night at 9:50 p.m. and then at 10:04 p.m. someone in Mcdonough started using my card at a Cheddars then at a Liberty truck stop. My bank stopped a third charge and froze the card. I got the call this morning. I hate scammers, and would love to catch these pos individuals. We are going to follow up on this as far as we can.
Well in the past few hours, we have contacted the Cheddars and the Liberty truck stop. We have photos of the young man taken at the time of check out at the Liberty truck stop. Cheddars is going to void the charge, and we'll dispute the other. I am hoping the pictures are not a red herring. We are going to forward a copy of the photo to the manager at Cheddars to see if this person is the same one who dined on our dime.

Well in the past few hours, we have contacted the Cheddars and the Liberty truck stop. We have photos of the young man taken at the time of check out at the Liberty truck stop. Cheddars is going to void the charge, and we'll dispute the other. I am hoping the pictures are not a red herring. We are going to forward a copy of the photo to the manager at Cheddars to see if this person is the same one who dined on our dime.
The girl that waited on the jerk identified him as the same guy in the photos/video taken at the Liberty truck stop. We will now turn this all over to L.E. and see where it goes. Is McDonough a hub for this kind of activity? I remember someone else in a earlier thread saying their stolen card info was being used in McDonough. I will post this guys pic, maybe someone will recognize him.

Ever since I started using privacy.com, the above scenario baxterday baxterday described completely disappeared for me. Privacy creates secure virtual card numbers and completes checkout forms for you, saving you time and money while hiding your real card details. You can create card numbers on the fly and assign them to a specific merchant -- so they can only be used with that business. Or you can create one-time use "burner" card numbers. It is an amazing service! No fee to use it either.

BOA does this as well for their cards.

Cash is King, Glad I don't do credit on anything but a home mortgage. I did get hit years ago on a Capital One card they closed the card and tried to re issue me a new one. Never went back after that. Pretty happy with a nonexistent credit score.

I used to do the same thing. But now it is more difficult to keep enough cash on hand to take care of everything. How do you order something online? We seldom go in a brick and mortar store anymore.
We charge everything and pay it off monthly, never carry credit over or pay interest. Plus earn rewards.
We have credit freeze on both of us with all three credit agencies.
Your identity can still be stolen without having credit cards.
Would rather have credit cards stolen than cash, cash can't be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom