• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossing The Gore

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1346   0
Reaction score
Do you know what crossing the gore is and do you know anyone that has been cited for "crossing the gore."

From my understanding... Gore lane/area are solid white lines, usually seperating turn lanes or found in median. Know several people cited for it.

solid white lines = don't cross
dotted white line = ok to cross

I've only heard it happening once, was about a year ago on 285 I think. Probably a cop just looking for a reason to stop somebody. I use the gore if I feel it's safer.

Crossing the gore is crossing thru the painted area on an interstate on ramp before where the normal traffic is supposed to be and No,I don't know of anybody that was ever written up for it.Although I've seen a few cross it getting off the expressway when they almost ran by their exit that should probably be drawn and quartered!:becky:

The "gore" is the the triangle shaped areas at entrance and exit ramps defined by painted lines............NEVER heard of anyone being written for it tho.

That's the gore.
I don't know anyone personally cited for it, but I remember it was a big thing a few years back.
gore.jpg

Basically you're not supposed to merge onto the highway until you're past the gore and a lot of times it goes on a lot further than in this picture.

Back
Top Bottom