• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossing The Gore

Don't care for this gore

i2.cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_150814144421_al_gore_2016_rumors_kaye_nr_00005727_large_169.jpg

The gore is any painted area, sometime painted solid, sometime solid line outline with stripes inside the outline. Can be anywhere, not just exit/on ramps. Nor often enforced. However if you are involved in an accident and your vehicle is in or has passed through the gore, and they can prove it, you will be found liable.

I got a ticket for that once. Coming from 75s to 285 east. I had never even heard of that before I got the ticket.
Ditto. I NEVER cross it but this one time (at band camp) traffic was at a dead stop on 85 (not an uncommon occurrence). I crossed it (at about 0.5mph) and several people followed me. The local gendarme was there to wave us all over and give us greeting cards.
Likewise I had zero clue what it was until then. Another of life's tuition payments.

It's also the area where all the highway nails and broken glass end up. i can prove this because my wife regularly drives through it, and averages 1 flat tire every couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom