• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Crossing The Gore

I have witnessed the aftermath of gore crossing.......some genius crushing a car who's driver was driving within the legal lane of travel.....and written a ticket for such jackassry. I have only written one ticket I remember when I actually witnessed someone dart across the gore and the only reason I did then was because he so abruptly cut off a car legally exiting that the driver had to lock up his/her brakes and leave a trail of black skid marks to avoid an accident.

Back in the day before the on ramp from 575 to 75 south in north Cobb county was walled off to pretty eliminate the gore, there was gore crossing accident there almost every day during the morning rush, on occasion resulting in a fatality. That was a long gore for sure.

The gore is the areas pricks pass through merging onto a highway when they want to get ahead of the car in front of them with no concern for the law, safety or civility. Not that this bothers me.
:first::first::first::first: you sir have provided the correct answer

Do you know what crossing the gore is and do you know anyone that has been cited for "crossing the gore."
"the gore" is not just related to entry / exit ramps. It is also that yellow cross-hash area prior to an emergent left turn lane. By law you are not supposed to cross (including stop) in that area. I do know someone ticketed for that too.

Back
Top Bottom