• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Curious about the Negative points and reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care if they change or not. They're jaded. Giving someone the power of hearsay is dangerous and as you said people "make things up". Especially in their head...As hard as that is to believe. I had found a deal closer and informed the seller and he got in his feelings and left feedback. I know what I did and I explained to the seller and I disputed it with the "mods" and I get rules are rules BUT I didnt harm anyone and it was a reasonable action. Without making any "story" up. 10 years or not were not "allowed" to hurt peoples feelings and our freedom of speech is infringed yet you allow for hearsay and libel. Riddle me that.
Did you commit to the deal? VHinch VHinch , how much notice do you have to give before a meet to have a neg not stick? I have went ahead with deals a week away after getting better offers. Did not want the neg. did not want to disappoint the other party.

Did you commit to the deal? VHinch VHinch , how much notice do you have to give before a meet to have a neg not stick? I have went ahead with deals a week away after getting better offers. Did not want the neg. did not want to disappoint the other party.

Once a deal is set and confirmed in PM, one party backing out of it gives the other party justification for negative feedback. The amount of notice given when backing out doesn't matter.

Firsthand information isn't hearsay.
I admitted to finding another deal yes, that was closer due to my extenuating circumstances and the buyer got in his feelings over a 24hr notice and explanation of the situation. Look, again, idc I'm just saying the system is in FACT flawed and reasons or no reasons I've been backed out on and dont leave the negs cuz I'm not a lil biiiiiiih. So be it though. Is what it is. I'm sure I'll be "warned" and "booted" again for my freedom of speech and yet people will continue to go about their pettiness. All good. Hey, I'm doing fine, so I'm good to go either way.

So we're clear, you made a deal, found a better one, and let the original seller know you were backing out of the first deal to take a different one.

If you acknowlege the issue and understand the rule, what's to dispute.

Seeing as we've established above that it's firsthand and therefore not hearsay, and we've also established that you understand the rule and "know what I did" so it also isn't false and therefore not libel, I'm not seeing much else to riddle.

But their was an auction run in an open ad for a AK this wkend.. new guy got a pass
No he didn’t, he was called on it admitted his wrong and made it right.
However there was deal that conformed to site rules and the feedback didn’t stick, but it was handled. Just because you didn’t see any blood doesn’t mean it wasn’t addressed.

I’ve left 2 negative feedbacks lately. One backed out as I was driving to meet him (that one is still there) and one to a guy who said he would buy, but then changed his mind and didn’t have the courtesy to tell me until the next day. That one got removed and I got a warning. Sorry. I’m used to rules on a different gun site about what makes a deal and a whelch. Lesson learned.

it’s very frustrating dealing with new people here.

eta...mini PSA... it’s not a deal until date and location confirmed via messages through this site.

I agree, a deal is a deal. If the deal meets the criteria in the rules then time frame is irrelevant.
A man is no better than his word.
Now if there is extenuating circumstances, most members will understand and except the reason and there’s never anything else said.
But just because you have another or better offer isn’t reason to back out IMO ever.

I agree, a deal is a deal. If the deal meets the criteria in the rules then time frame is irrelevant.
A man is no better than his word.
Now if there is extenuating circumstances, most members will understand and except the reason and there’s never anything else said.
But just because you have another or better offer isn’t reason to back out IMO ever.
Yuuuuuuuuuuup. It’s funny, dude said I got my feelings hurt. He was the one blowing up my pms and cussing lol. Then asked if I’d try and get negative feedback taken back after he said he would “loan me the money” Bahahahahahaha Bahahahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom