• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cut My Tumbling Time in Half

Does the Thumbler B come with pins?
Where is the best place to purchase the pins? $35 for 5 lbs best Ive seen so far.

I bought my media from southern shine tumblers in Hazlehurst Ga. He is on facebook. I paid 38.50, shipped for 10 pounds. It is stainless steel chips, not pins and won't get stuck in the flash holes.

https://www.facebook.com/southernshinetumblers/?ref=ts&fref=ts

IMG_0278.JPG

When using a cement mixer for large volumes of wet tumbling brass, how do you separate the pins from the brass?
I sift them using my case separator trays. I put the try over a 5 gallon bucket and put some brass and pins in. Then I shake and flip the brass a few times. The water and pins go in the bucket. The brass stays in the tray. I then lay all the brass out on some towels on my pool table directly under the celling fan. Turn the fan on high and let them dry over night. Some guys use the electric drying trays but I process too many for that.

I will send some pics tonight.

some good tips in here. I've got the Frankford arsenal tumbler. I had an older Thumbler to get into it but it was a smaller model and was just a bit older so I moved to the FA tumbler. no regrets.

I shoot some older/odd caliber's so when I come across some really tarnished brass it's nice to be able to make it look like new. given the price of something like 348 win brass, being able to "bring back to life" 40 or 50 cases has paid for itself.

Back
Top Bottom