• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cutting Onions

Peel then under water, Rub your hands with a big ole soup spoon steel gets the onion oder off the hands.
Now tell me how to make hard boiled eggs that dosen. Fall apart when peeling. Need a dozen for pickle eggs, sausage, pig knuckle ghost peppers and 1white face hornet.

Last edited:
I have never experienced the tearing up effect of chopping or slicing onion. And, I do it a LOT...near daily. I have found that washing my hands afterwards with soap and water seldom rids my hands of onion smell. Fish, hot peppers, garlic and other smelly things that tend to leave the hands smelly, I remedy by washing my hands with toothpaste. This works very well. I really can't help with the tearing up thing though. I just can't relate. Lemons don't make me pucker either. And I enjoy the taste of ripe persimmons and crab apples and very hot peppers. I think maybe I have unique taste buds and tolerances.

Boiled eggs. After boiling (I boil mine 5 minutes after the water comes to a complete boil) immediately pour out the boiling water but leave the eggs in the pot and run cold water over them. Leave the water running over them for 3-4 minutes and take them out and peel them one at a time while the others remain under cold running water until their turn. Cold water slightly shrinks the eggs inside the shell and separates them from the membrane. Tap the egg gently causing a small crack and easily peel away the shell and membrane leaving a nice intact boiled egg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom