• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ 75 FTE/F issues?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
Anyone have one? I have a PCR on order as a completion of a trade but my brother got a 75 in .40 and is having consistent FTE/F problems in both factory and after market mags with both reloads and factory ammo.

I've never read of any problems but perhaps I didn't do my homework. It's giving my pause about my (perpetually on backorder PCR).

I had a RAMI that I nicknamed "JAMI," same issues. Then I also have had two 75B models with zero issues. I traded it back to the store for something else, but possibly just a ramp issue? I do know that CZ's have always preferred hotter ammo, especially my older models. I would send it to CZ, they usually make a really good product. Maybe just one of those things. All that being said, I have enjoyed every zone of them I've had besides the RAMI.

I had a RAMI that I nicknamed "JAMI," same issues. Then I also have had two 75B models with zero issues. I traded it back to the store for something else, but possibly just a ramp issue? I do know that CZ's have always preferred hotter ammo, especially my older models. I would send it to CZ, they usually make a really good product. Maybe just one of those things. All that being said, I have enjoyed every zone of them I've had besides the RAMI.
The PCR is intended to be EDC. I can't tolerate any issues obviously.
Do they have an extended "break in" period?

I've never had a feed issue with any CZ, besides a Rami like said above. Did he buy it new or trade into it? Maybe a spring issue? Does he feel any grit with the movement of the slide?

I've never had issues with the P01, which is almost the same as the PCR. I carry it and it eats everything. Call CZ though, they are awesome to deal with.

I had a 97bd years ago with problems feeding hollow points. Sent it in for Polish and Buff of the feed ramp. It had issues again and sent it back. They told me they had a new barrel design coming in...to my surprise they sent a brand new pistol so I had matching serial numbers.

I've never had a feed issue with any CZ, besides a Rami like said above. Did he buy it new or trade into it? Maybe a spring issue? Does he feel any grit with the movement of the slide?
Brand new. He ordered it. Nothing noticeable. He's VERY knowledgeable about inner workings and can't pin it down.

Will it extract by hand cycling?
Didn't really get into a bunch of specifics, he just mentioned it failed to eject and feed (sounded simultaneous) really often. Like 1 out of every 3 or 4 attempts.
He has a sideline with his FFL modifying Glocks and has a long history around various arms so it's not like he's flying blind but this is baffling to him. Again, different mags and different ammo.

I take it from the comments CZ has a U.S. based customer service center?

Anyone have one? I have a PCR on order as a completion of a trade but my brother got a 75 in .40 and is having consistent FTE/F problems in both factory and after market mags with both reloads and factory ammo.

I've never read of any problems but perhaps I didn't do my homework. It's giving my pause about my (perpetually on backorder PCR).

The full size 75 in .40 have had that as a somewhat common issue. Its easy to remedy though as it only takes changing a couple of springs. The 9mm and the compacts (P01, PCR) dont have that issue in either caliber.

My PCR never had an issue with probably somewhere around 1500 rounds through it before i sold it. I loved the gun and carried it for a little over a year. But I wouldn't trust any auto as my edc until I had personally put at least 300 rounds through it.

Back
Top Bottom