• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical

Alvaropineros

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
48   1
Reaction score
Went to the range today and played with her for a while and here are some notes.
Pistol: CZ75 sp01 tactical
Cal: 9mm
Ammo: Tula 9mm from Walmart
Range: Range Guns and Safes at Pleasantdale rd.
The gun is an all steel full size, (very heavy when loaded). Comes with accessory rail, No safety, it has an ambidextrous decocker instead, 3 dot tritium night sights. And 2 19rds magazines for extra fun, (I’ve been told that after a while I can pack 20rds in the mag). The gun feels very solid, a bit heavy but as you fire it, you will come to love that weight. The grip is made out of some checkered rubber but it fit in my hands nicely, due in part to the long beaver tail, (bottom line, it is a big mama, but she feels nice.)
At the range I first started at 10yrds. 2 mags and all centered. Next I went to 15yrds, 2 mags and almost all centered. Then I went and got me a 5 spot target. I managed to do decent at 15yrds and some at high speed.
Over all, I noticed that the gun is super accurate out of the box. The gun Is heavy, but with very little recoil. Thus I didn’t have to reacquire the target once engaged. I consider myself an average shooter, but I must say, that gun makes me a better shooter.
Questions, comments and feedback are welcome.

2011-05-22 02.13.58.jpg

So I was invited to a shooting afternoon in north Georgia, and took my CZ75 sp01 tactical among other items I'm proud to announce that she was the best shooting gun of the whole bunch.(hk p30, beretta m9, hk p7, Fnh 5.7, sig p226 and others). first we shot at metal target at 25yrds. all plinks.... then we shot at 50yrd and 75yrd metal targets and some orange cones elevated to about 10ft. all of us hit our targets. I must say, I'm very, very impressed

That's great! What is that on the front of your pistol that's folding up in front of the barrel?

I just got a CZ 75 P-01, but I haven't taken it to the range yet. It's my first firearm, so I'm getting the things I need for it. I just ordered a range bag and boresnake from MidwayUSA, and I also have to take a beginner's class.

Compared to a beretta 92. Heavier? How is the grip, size? Is it for small hands or big? That thing looks nice. Definitely on my radar.

Saw and handled one of these at one of the recent shows, had a nice heft to it, but no heavier than a beretta/taurus.
Have shot older cz's like the 52's in 762x25, but nothing this modern.
Tempted to buy one!

1. the gun is super heavy...2.5 pounds when loaded.(19 rds).
2. very little recoil..... due to the slide......
3. the (thing) in front of barrel is a glass breaker accessory. ( you could attach an small bayonet) real bad ass.
4. grips.. are very nice rubber. and combined with the beaver tail, provides a nice feel to it.
5. is it a bigger feel than the beretta and others, maybe so.

you just got yourself one of the best pistols out there.
That's great! What is that on the front of your pistol that's folding up in front of the barrel?

I just got a CZ 75 P-01, but I haven't taken it to the range yet. It's my first firearm, so I'm getting the things I need for it. I just ordered a range bag and boresnake from MidwayUSA, and I also have to take a beginner's class.

academy in snellville, had one about 1 month ago for $579.00.... just FYI, if you call them, they have not idea what they have in stock.trust me i called them and ended up driving there because of the (help).
Compared to a beretta 92. Heavier? How is the grip, size? Is it for small hands or big? That thing looks nice. Definitely on my radar.

forgot to mention .. none of the shooters (8)had any prior experience with the CZ.
So I was invited to a shooting afternoon in north Georgia, and took my CZ75 sp01 tactical among other items I'm proud to announce that she was the best shooting gun of the whole bunch.(hk p30, beretta m9, hk p7, Fnh 5.7, sig p226 and others). first we shot at metal target at 25yrds. all plinks.... then we shot at 50yrd and 75yrd metal targets and some orange cones elevated to about 10ft. all of us hit our targets. I must say, I'm very, very impressed

Back
Top Bottom