• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

CZ 75b WOW!!

All very valid points....the FCG in a CZ is completely different than in any Glock. Also - the weight of the CZ makes it shoot softer than any other similar form factor 9mm in a polymer pistol.

For me, the only CZ I would be interested in is a SAO model and from what I gather just in cursory study, you have to go to the custom shop for one of those and I'm not that interested. I owned an SP01, and SP01 Phantom and a 75b - sold all three. I just hate DA/SA triggers in a pistol.

I'm the opposite - I love DA/SA triggers for carry. Gives me the "safety" of a deliberate first pull then pretty much a 1911-like pull after that. Best of both world in my opinion. I shoot 1911s better than any other handgun, so I'm fond of SA triggers but don't train enough with the thumb safety to feel comfortable carrying one. I like DA/SA also because it lets me rotate my carry as I usually carry a Kahr and the DA trigger is familiar.

Yeah, a custom shop action job (or Cajun Gun Works) will set you back $200-300 so you'll have at least $800 in one before you know it.

Do you guys carry CZ's?

I've been carrying my P-01 recently since it's been cold and I dress in heavier clothing. I doubt I'll be carrying it year round. It's kinda chunky. I sound like a broken record, but damned, it's hard to beat a Kahr for all out comfort and going incognito. lol

Gives me the "safety" of a deliberate first pull then pretty much a 1911-like pull after that. Best of both world in my opinion.

I just don't find that to be the case....as someone who does not practice shooting from the reset, there is nothing "1911-like" about the single action pull of a DA/SA pistol.

Maybe I should start another thread for this but I'll try here first. Why the typical love for the CZs but general lack of respect for the EAA versions?
I have two EAA Witness models in both 9mm and .45. One is the full size and one the compact. Both shoot accurately and anything I feed them. I don't have a CZ to compare side by side but have looked at them before. General fit and finish seemed comparable with a slight edge to the finish on the CZs I looked at. The greatest difference I see is cost. With the exception of the CZ that sold here a few minutes ago, they seem to sell much higher and the EAAs usually in the $350-400 range which appear to be a great bargain. What am I missing? Is it just an original vs copy thing? The stupid "witness" stamp on the side? Or is their a history of quality/problems with the EAA Tanfoglio imported pistols?

Back
Top Bottom