• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cz folks- cz-75 tactical sport orange or a shadow 2

Any of the shooting sports... IDPA, GADPA, USPSA are all quite safe. Range officers are on top of things.. they have to be. Otherwise the sports wouldn't survive with lackluster safety history.

All the major outdoor ranges host one sport or the other. River bend. Cherokee. South river.

I've shot at Cherokee but prefer South River. I shoot the 3gun on the 2nd Sundays and the GADPA on the 4th Sundays of the month and ATA just for a change of pace sometimes. A great group of safe people in both events! Read the rules and come play! 3gun is $40 and GADPA is $20.

I just want to be around people that care. Whatever acronym i need to sign up for I want to do it. I want to be outside, I want to shoot around people who take safety seriously and are trying to improve. I'm over people not being able to practice from a draw, I'm over crazy people that are teaching themselves how to use a gun etc. I'm all for learning- I just don't want to get killed because Paco bought a new AK pistol. I was shooting Monday and a guy was standing up shooting his deer rifle at the bottom of the target at about 5 yards, the rounds were bouncing off the floor. I'm really not sure what he was trying to do. Then the guy next to me shot the damn target holder so many times the range master had to throw him out. Scary ****.
Where are you loacted? If you aren't too far from Macon then Marion Road Gun Club is the place to join. It is outdoors, they have a range where you can cross the firing line, draw, shoot and move, shoot tanerite, etc. They also have more formal ranges as well. Haven't met an asshole out there yet, and I'm pretty tattooed, and could easily pass for a dumb thug by a judgemental dimwit.

As far as safety, I have only seen once once dent where a loaded firearm muzzle sweeped myself, and some others breifly.

Took it to the range today and was shooting solid groups 2" to the left. I changed grips, changed ammo, put it on a rest etc. I couldn't figure it out... until I realized the rear site wiggled loose. Word to the wise- lock tight your set screws in the rear sight. If they wiggle loose they aren't wedged in tight at all. No big issue, 3 turns of an Allen key and we were running straight again.

The only thing that bothers me is the dang plastic trigger. I've seen orange aluminum triggers from the custom shop. That's the only upgrade I can see this thing needing

Back
Top Bottom