• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

CZ VZ 58 7.62x39 rifle

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Well, I finally got some time on the range with my CZ VZ 58. I gotta say... it was awesome. The AK which I hold dear im sorry to say does not hold a candle to this one. At 100-200 yards groups are MUCH more tight than the AK-47. There are many pros and only a few cons to this fine weapon.

Pros:
1. VERY light weight. About as light as an Ar-15
2. VERY accurate, much more so than the AK
3. Easy to operate
4. Bolt locks back on empty mag
5. Milled receiver
6. Stryker fired
7. Great finish
8. Recoil is very low
9. Very BIG chamber opening so hangups are non existent.

Cons:
1. After shooting a few mags it does get rather hot
2. Safety is in a stupid place
3. Mag release lever can be a little tricky to get to.
4. COST, they do cost quite a bit of money.

All in all the PROS out weigh the cons. Id go to war with this rifle any day of the week!!! One of the best 7.62x39 rifles out there IMO!

i51.tinypic.com_2lbcs2x.jpg

Last edited:
How long before you sell it????? lol. I just know there is a HK that you REALLY want!! Hey, you could sell it and buy that 556R that you want! Great write up, congrats on the purchase.

How long before you sell it????? lol. I just know there is a HK that you REALLY want!! Hey, you could sell it and buy that 556R that you want! Great write up, congrats on the purchase.

I played with the 556R. Its cool but the barrel is too thin. This one will not be on the trader for quite some time!! If ever!

blazedawg87, you know where I can get one? The drive is not an issue. PM me and let me know.

Goin after school today to check and make sure that he still has it. I'll get his phone number for you and the price so you can give him a call.

Back
Top Bottom