• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

daewoo ar

The ROK Army was just starting to field them in '86 when I was ober there. They replaced some real beater M16A1s, both kinds of M1s and Greaseguns. That lead to the influx of M1s we saw in the '90s. They seemto be a neat mix of the best features of the AR and AK platforms with some parts comonality with the ARs.
Every review I have seen was good.

Missed my shot at one at the most expensive gun shop in sleazeville Louisiana for
the then princely sum of $369 when Big Ron banned them in March of '89. i was in the field and when
I got back they had one left at $800..
You mean Bush banned them in 89. It was the senior George Bush that signed the first AWB in 89 . That turned $350.00 Norinco and Polytech AKs into $1000.00 rifles over night.
If its the rifle I'm thinking about its pretty much a Korean copy of a Galil. You can probably find one on Gunbroker.

Right now there's 3 pages of Daewoo guns and parts on GB. There's one rifle with a collapsible stock with a Buy it Now option of $2000.00. Upon further inspection I see it's not the same rifle I thought it was. I was thinking of the Century Arms Golani which is a Galil clone. This rifle looks a lot like an AR lower but probably different enough that AR parts won't fit. Kinda like Llama 1911 pistols used to be.
Oddly enough there were at least three stripped lower receivers for these rifles for sale on GB. But you would probably never source all the other parts to complete it.

Back
Top Bottom