• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daily Dinner thread?

What's the plan for Christmas? Any interesting lunch or dinner ideas?
images.jpg

among other things, I've been charged with bringing an hors d'Oeuvres for Christmas night....marinated shrimp from a Justin Wilson recipe...if you choose to use this recipe, I would strongly encourage you to double it...I never have any left...from a double order
20231219_114728.png

It keeps getting better
I love when Shirley takes vacation, it's in her DNA to feed people
Yesterday she picked the last of the Collard Greens and cooked them with Ham Hocks
Then boiled a batch of Pigs Feet
sometimes we fry the pigs feet in an iron skillet with little bit of oil after boiling, I prefer the boiled only and always have a wet washcloth handy
I enjoyed the meal with her Jalapeno Cornbread and Homemade Pepper Sauce
Life Is Good In DiXie

20201121_131342.jpg
Collard-greens-with-ham-hocks-recipe.jpg
20191110_142530-1.jpg
413892633_1874621532969015_4404334105231476546_n.jpg

T
It keeps getting better
I love when Shirley takes vacation, it's in her DNA to feed people
Yesterday she picked the last of the Collard Greens and cooked them with Ham Hocks
Then boiled a batch of Pigs Feet
sometimes we fry the pigs feet in an iron skillet with little bit of oil after boiling, I prefer the boiled only and always have a wet washcloth handy
I enjoyed the meal with her Jalapeno Cornbread and Homemade Pepper Sauce
Life Is Good In DiXie

View attachment 6636025View attachment 6636028View attachment 6636029View attachment 6636032
That looks good. I did some collards last night. The ham hocks I had in the back porch fridge had molded so I grabbed a ham bone I had in the freezer and used that and some bacon. They turned out very well. I should have cooked cornbread. I have a bunch leftover so there's always tonight.

I crock pot almost everything. Can you share the ingredients and amounts? I have to stop salivating.....
Cook 2.5 pounds of ground beef
Add 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
Mix in a separate bowl Ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, romano, cheddar cheese, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper
Then just layer it with uncooked lasagna noodles and extra cheese
Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours depending on how you like your noodles

Cook 2.5 pounds of ground beef
Add 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
Mix in a separate bowl Ricotta cheese, 2 eggs, romano, cheddar cheese, parsley, basil, and salt and pepper
Then just layer it with uncooked lasagna noodles and extra cheese
Cook on high for about 3 to 4 hours depending on how you like your noodles
Many thanks, I am on it. I have everything except the Romano and Ricotta cheese....I will get it tomorrow.

Again, Thanks

Back
Top Bottom