• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daily workout

sprewett

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
2   0
Reaction score
I'm am putting this on here simply for accountability other than myself. I will try and post something almost daily M -F that I do for a workout.
Here is the backstory:
When I was a teenager I ate slept and breathed lifting all the way till my middle 30s. I have always been bigger because of diet but could hold my own in cardio (I have completed several ultra marathons) and strength wise (I mainly power lifted and even gonna trophy one time for deadlift.) However, late thirties I became lazy and the weight crept up a long with aches and pains. My health began to deteriorate because of being sedentary lifestyle accompanied by Little Debbie. When I turned 40 I had an eye opening experience I was borderline diabetic. That day I changed and I have lost between 55-65 lbs depending on the day and haven't eaten any sweets since that day but...... Apart from chasing animals over mtns and hills to kill and eat I do not get any physical excercise and have zero desire. With the bigger picture in view I know I need to so I began today especially after my thanksgiving festivities. I am thankful I have kept the weight off over the years but it is time to amp it up for health benefits. Sorry this was so long just wanted to give the backstory of how I got where I am.
Today: w/35lb dumbbell
30 goblet squats, 30 upright rows, 30 shoulder press, 30 bent over rows (each arm), 30 push ups, 20 standing curls (only one arm I only have one bicep), and 30 front delt raises (both arms)

Big time weightlifter here.. I’ve decided here in the past 2 months that I like running and such( what I can anyways) much more than lifting.. I wish you good luck.. I still lift but not heavyweights anymore.. I’ve popped shoulders and torn a bicep from heavy lifting.. I wanta get in better shape for my life and to see my grand girl get grown.. you can do it.. if I can you can

I am 68 and hit the weights in gym hard for hour 3 times a week and average 10 miles walking and running a week eat right most of the time and my doctor told me last check up that if she didn’t know any different that she would think I was a 20 year old athlete. My heart doctor said I was doing everything I needed for staying healthy and heart is in great shape. I keep my weight between 240’and 245 . I’m uploading my heart doctors rules to live by.
IMG_2847.jpeg

Big time weightlifter here.. I’ve decided here in the past 2 months that I like running and such( what I can anyways) much more than lifting.. I wish you good luck.. I still lift but not heavyweights anymore.. I’ve popped shoulders and torn a bicep from heavy lifting.. I wanta get in better shape for my life and to see my grand girl get grown.. you can do it.. if I can you can
That's what happens to my bicep to. Doing heavy deads with mixed grip tore it about 2.5 years ago.

I am 68 and hit the weights in gym hard for hour 3 times a week and average 10 miles walking and running a week eat right most of the time and my doctor told me last check up that if she didn’t know any different that she would think I was a 20 year old athlete. My heart doctor said I was doing everything I needed for staying healthy and heart is in great shape. I keep my weight between 240’and 245 . I’m uploading my heart doctors rules to live by.View attachment 6530713
Thanks for posting! Im gonna save that picture

That's what happens to my bicep to. Doing heavy deads with mixed grip tore it about 2.5 years ago.
Mine tore when preacher curling singles45 lb.. been hurting weeks before but the day it tore I just got outta my mouth how good it felt that day.. 2nd rep down it lets go.. lol

Good for you for taking your health back! I've exercised every day of my life since I was 14 (Sears "Ted Williams" weight set and bench). In my Thirties, I was at my peak--my honeymoon photos show me, my bride, and my cooler with protein shakes and Met-Rx bars in every picture. Several years ago, when I began working from home, I got lazy and began eating crap like Pringles (man, those are so tasty!). After getting tired of seeing a growing muffin top, and not fitting into my pants, I cut all that out and stepped up the exercising to included running up and down the stairs several times a day 10-15 times in a row. I used to have a pro home gym with all the stations and attachments, but have been making due with just a pair of 18lb dumbells for years. I do not want diabetes, don't want to be overweight, don't want health problems, nor do I ever want to be on meds. At 58, I see men and women much younger than me destroying their health with poor diets, no activity, and other bad choices (smoking, vaping, etc.). Bidenomics makes it easy to loose weight, though, since we can't afford to eat!

Back
Top Bottom