• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Daisy Red Ryder BB Gun

My brother and I both had them as boys, one didn't survive but the other has been handed down. Our models didn't have gold seals. I think we were 5 when Santa brought them to us for Xmas. I don't feel 4 is too early if supervised, depending on maturity. Good luck and have fun plinking.

My kids all started shooting projectiles at the age of 2. As soon as they were able to follow directions let them shoot my paint ball gun to start with. My kids never had a bb gun, they went right to the 22. They are 4, 6, and 8 now and always supervised with firearms.

Funny thing, my oldest now wants a BB gun. I guess cause his classmates have them. I try to tell him that his 22's are better. He is off that kick for now as he just got his first shot gun (.410) two days ago.

http://www.daisycollectors.com/ and http://www.daisyking.com/history/chronology2.htm
The Daisy I shot as a child was born well before I was. As the youngest by a long shot, it was my duty to take it afield with my dad and older brothers who had 'real guns' on bird hunts and fight my way through the sugar cane to finish off the wounded. High adventure for a wee lad for sure. :cool: I STILL have that gun (which is well over 50 years old now) and it still functions perfectly and gets used. They have different models obviously so this one is not a Red Ryder, I can't recall the name but it is without a wooden forearm.
Unfortunately the Red Ryder's today are nothing like the ones of old. I bought one for a niece and it lasted about 15 minutes. Complete and utter plastic junk. :(
Before my father died, he bought a Red Ryder and wrapped it and gave it to me one year for Christmas. It was 1996. He was dyiing from Leukemia and knew it (I didn't, but suspected). When I opened it I was confused (as I was 31 at the time) and looked at him puzzled. He simply smiled and said "Give it to your son one day." I had no child at the time. I clued in to what he was saying and brushed it off and said with a smile "You can give it to him yourself." It was the last Christmas I had with my father. My son opened that same BB gun, in that same wrapping, a few Christmases ago, from his Paw-Paw that he never met. Whew... that was a tough one....

GeauxLSU. Thanks for sharing the memories.

I just picked up the Daisy Buck BB gun for my son for his birthday. I have it tucked away and can't wait to give it to him.

GeauxLSU. Thanks for sharing the memories.

I just picked up the Daisy Buck BB gun for my son for his birthday. I have it tucked away and can't wait to give it to him.
THAT is the one I was thinking of. Don't know if they called it that way back when but the one I have is that style (no wooden fore grip). Here's hoping many 'big times and big adventures' for you two with it! :)

Bought my son a red Ryder when he was born. He is 20 years old now and it is still in the original box unopened. Wound up buying another one for him mess around with when he was about 5 I guess . Mate he can give it to his on or daughter one day.

Back
Top Bottom