• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dana Safety Will not sell semi automatic rifles to civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is a shame that this has happened for both the buying public and the employees of the store who do care. The appropriate places to put on pressure would be those who do provide the profit and volume to their stores. Find out which local departments have contracts with them and contact those who make the decisions to sign renewals of said contract. Many LEO's support civilian gun rights for law abiding citizens.

Also, put pressure on the parent company via local(Florida residents in Duval, Gainesville, etc.) 2nd amendment advocates. The best outcome would be for the parent company to be encouraged to sell off this "holding" if they find themselves unwilling to run the business any longer. Then maybe some people who actually support lawful gun ownership can come in and right the ship as it were.

nope...........but you're missing the point.......

it will just keep getting passed along with the song and dance of "we're just doing our job."

We have one recourse, our money. We don't have to agree with it, they sure don't agree with us. All we can do is support retailers that support us, have sympathy for the employees that are caught between their beliefs and feeding their families, and move on.

This fact is very sad, but if you think that way about everything nothing will change. If you keep spending your money there you will only be letting the parent company know that we do not matter. I've never had a bad experience in DSS (local), all nice people that are now caught up in a bad situation. As for me and mine, our money will go to a company that still believes in my 2nd.

ditto. I GREATLY appreciate Mike but I am forced to spend my $ at store (corporation) that supports the 2A.

If I am alone or just with my son and we go somewhere that has a no gun sign I do my best to go somewhere else. If I can't change my location I will still CC but make a mental note to not go back. It's the same as my internet purchases. If I can get a similiar deal at a local shop I will spend my $ there.

I simply can't buy from DSS due to their corporate policy now. I had planned on being in there mid jan for one of those MOE AR's but I guess that will never happen.

Bring in the credentials. They are wanting us to take credentials to keep with the forms, similar to our LEO Glock program.

And the plot thickens .... WOW, you know there is a reason I wont do business with Ed's in Stockbridge is cause they want to take a copy of your ID when they make a sale. I am not cool with that. Now you guys want to make a copy of credentials?

It doesnt really matter to me as I wont shop if your establishment but it just seems that there are more and more reasons coming about as to not do business with the Scott McRae group.

I hold no ill will towards the employees of DSS. It was not their choice, but it is my choice to not patronize their store any longer. I have been a customer of theirs in the past, did I buy a lot of products they had, no, but I was a customer. As a customer I have decided to vote on their decision by not shopping with them in the future. I am voting with my wallet, will my decision make a large drop in their overall earnings, no but I can feel good that my money wont be a part of the earnings of a company who feels they need to restrict the ownership of legally obtainable items to restricted folks.

The amount of money you spent does not matter. You were a customer and I am sorry to lose you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom