• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dana White goes off on Jon Jones

Sonnen is desperate. Dana White is just mad because he's a greedy **** and won't make millions this weekend.

I would fight Jon Jones this weekend for the right amount of money, because anybody can get lucky and land that one hit wonder.

If I were the champ I wouldn't fight on 8 days notice either. For all we know someone in his family could be on their death bed, he could have plans with his family, etc. There's a reason they schedule these fights months in advance, and that is to give the fighter time to prepare and fit their schedule.

Trust me, Sonnen don't want no part of Jones. If you think Silva put an ass whoopin' on him, Jones would end his career.

If you called Silva and asked him to fight Jones on 8 days, I guarantee you Silva would not fight him. In fact, in the press conference he was asked to fight Jones and he immediately declined. Wonder why?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonnen is desperate. Dana White is just mad because he's a greedy **** and won't make millions this weekend.

I would fight Jon Jones this weekend for the right amount of money, because anybody can get lucky and land that one hit wonder.

If I were the champ I wouldn't fight on 8 days notice either. For all we know someone in his family could be on their death bed, he could have plans with his family, etc. There's a reason they schedule these fights months in advance, and that is to give the fighter time to prepare and fit their schedule.

Trust me, Sonnen don't want no part of Jones. If you think Silva put an ass whoopin' on him, Jones would end his career.

If you called Silva and asked him to fight Jones on 8 days, I guarantee you Silva would not fight him. In fact, in the press conference he was asked to fight Jones and he immediately declined. Wonder why?

I think you might be way wrong with every point you made..lol

I think you might be way wrong with every point you made..lol

That's your opinion and I respect it, but if either of us were to be wrong I'm afraid it would not be I.

Sonnen is desperate. YES

Dana White's a greedy ****. YES - Tell me how they make tens of millions per fight and pay some of the top cards a measly 50k.

Anybody can be knocked out with 1 shot. YES

Sonnen wants no part of Jones. Jones is bigger, faster, a better wrestler, has better stand up, and very unorthodox. Tell me how Jones is scared of Sonnen? Just where does Sonnen prevail over Jones?

Fast Forward to 42:30

[video=youtube_share;DbOdkEFvd-w]http://youtu.be/DbOdkEFvd-w[/video]

Dude really? You contradicted yourself on so many levels even god said WTF. He might have plans? The day of the fight didnt change genius just the fighter. And a guy going UP to 205 from 185? Hes at such a disadvantage its not even on the spectrum! Dana White could kick yours and my ass and count his money while hes doing it. You sound a lil jealous you didnt build a company from the ground up and make millions off of it.

Dude really? You contradicted yourself on so many levels even god said WTF. He might have plans? The day of the fight didnt change genius just the fighter. And a guy going UP to 205 from 185? Hes at such a disadvantage its not even on the spectrum! Dana White could kick yours and my ass and count his money while hes doing it. You sound a lil jealous you didnt build a company from the ground up and make millions off of it.

You are right on the day of the fight did not change. Care to explain how I further contradicted myself?

Let me clue YOU in. A fighter that fights at 185lbs does not walk around at 185lbs, Sonnen probably walks around at about 205lbs. Jones probably walks around about 220+lbs. So in order for this fight to happen Sonnen wouldn't have to cut a single lb, however Jones would have to cut 15+lbs. Jon Jones is the 205lb version of Silva. He's finished 14 of 16 fights, technically undefeated (lost to illegal elbow), and has ran through everyone who has stepped in the cage. He's got nothing to prove. Not to you, not to me, not to Sonnen. He's the champ, and there's a reason for it.

No jealousy here. The UFC was bought for 1 million amongst 3 men..not a big deal. The avg mortgage for a nice house is about 1/5 of that. Once again, a few friendly phone calls and a few loans later and anybody could have purchased it. And it's not worth millions...try billions.

Am I trying to discredit Dana White in any way? Hell no. I actually like the guy. He's a hell of a businessman, and a cool guy. But is he greedy, you better damn believe it!

Last edited:
**** like this is why I quit caring about UFC. And I do think it's bad form for jones to not fight him.

Fans made jones rich and famous and to refuse to fight and force them to cancel a fight is a disservice to the other fighters and all the fans.

You are right on the day of the fight did not change. Care to explain how I further contradicted myself?

Let me clue YOU in. A fighter that fights at 185lbs does not walk around at 185lbs, Sonnen probably walks around at about 205lbs. Jones probably walks around about 220+lbs. So in order for this fight to happen Sonnen wouldn't have to cut a single lb, however Jones would have to cut 15+lbs. Jon Jones is the 205lb version of Silva. He's finished 14 of 16 fights, technically undefeated (lost to illegal elbow), and has ran through everyone who has stepped in the cage. He's got nothing to prove. Not to you, not to me, not to Sonnen. He's the champ, and there's a reason for it.

No jealousy here. The UFC was bought for 1 million amongst 3 men..not a big deal. The avg mortgage for a nice house is about 1/5 of that. Once again, a few friendly phone calls and a few loans later and anybody could have purchased it. And it's not worth millions...try billions.

Am I trying to discredit Dana White in any way? Hell no. I actually like the guy. He's a hell of a businessman, and a cool guy. But is he greedy, you better damn believe it!

So your telling me that Jones is the best of the best but wont fight a guy because hes (JONES) is to good to waste his time? Sounds like a way to **** out of a fight because hes scared he'll get a whoopin. So why not just fight the guy and prove your the best of the best. A real champion would never turn down a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom