• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dana White goes off on Jon Jones

So your telling me that Jones is the best of the best but wont fight a guy because hes (JONES) is to good to waste his time? Sounds like a way to **** out of a fight because hes scared he'll get a whoopin. So why not just fight the guy and prove your the best of the best. A real champion would never turn down a challenge.

Basically, YES!

Jones is the best of the best, he wouldn't have the belt if he wasn't. It's not about anybody wasting anybody's time.

If YOU had spent the last 3 years of your life training your ass off and fighting to get that belt, is it fair that some "fill in" can just step up and challenge you? Hell no. It's far beyond disrespectful and tacky on Dana White and Sonnen. The way the UFC works is if you want to fight the champ you start at the bottom and work your way up. You beat all of your opponents, you get a shot at the champ.

Since when can you just raise your hand and get a shot at the belt? Here's a little more info.

“It was actually three days notice; it's not eight days notice because you don't train the last week of a fight camp. That's when you do media and weight cutting; there's no real training going on there. When I was asked if fighting Sonnen for a world title on three days notice was a smart idea, I said no,” Jackson on Thursday explained to MMAWeekly.com.

“Chael is in a great position in that he'd been training with Dan Henderson for this fight, getting him ready, and he's in shape. He knows the plan on what they're gonna do to get around Jon. So he's ready to go,” Jackson continued. “It's not like he's stepping off the couch and into a fight. So taking a fight of that caliber with a guy that's ready, on three days notice, for a world championship, without any time to prepare, is just not professional to me.”

So once again, Sonnen has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Jones has nothing to gain and everything to lose..namely the belt and the years leading up to earning the belt.

Basically, YES!

Jones is the best of the best, he wouldn't have the belt if he wasn't. It's not about anybody wasting anybody's time.

If YOU had spent the last 3 years of your life training your ass off and fighting to get that belt, is it fair that some "fill in" can just step up and challenge you? Hell no. It's far beyond disrespectful and tacky on Dana White and Sonnen. The way the UFC works is if you want to fight the champ you start at the bottom and work your way up. You beat all of your opponents, you get a shot at the champ.

Since when can you just raise your hand and get a shot at the belt? Here's a little more info.

“It was actually three days notice; it's not eight days notice because you don't train the last week of a fight camp. That's when you do media and weight cutting; there's no real training going on there. When I was asked if fighting Sonnen for a world title on three days notice was a smart idea, I said no,” Jackson on Thursday explained to MMAWeekly.com.

“Chael is in a great position in that he'd been training with Dan Henderson for this fight, getting him ready, and he's in shape. He knows the plan on what they're gonna do to get around Jon. So he's ready to go,” Jackson continued. “It's not like he's stepping off the couch and into a fight. So taking a fight of that caliber with a guy that's ready, on three days notice, for a world championship, without any time to prepare, is just not professional to me.”

So once again, Sonnen has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Jones has nothing to gain and everything to lose..namely the belt and the years leading up to earning the belt.

Jones is a douche. Get over yourself.

Really you forgot to link to his DUI ,and his foul treatment of his training partners.He ducked Sonnen which makes no sense !Sonnen would be the guy taking the fight on short notice not jones !Bisping fought sonnen on eight days notice.Jon jones is a douche .jones has had a full camp .

Really you forgot to link to his DUI ,and his foul treatment of his training partners.He ducked Sonnen which makes no sense !Sonnen would be the guy taking the fight on short notice not jones !Bisping fought sonnen on eight days notice.Jon jones is a douche .jones has had a full camp .

If it makes you feel any better, feel free to link them. Nowhere did I say Jones was a saint. To be honest, I'm a bit upset the fight isn't happening, I'm a Hendo fan and would've been pulling for him.

Jones has had a full camp, that is not the argument. The argument is whether a "fill in" deserves a TITLE SHOT. The answer is no.

But dont the fans deserve to watch a fight and the other fighters deserve to get their time in the ring too.

I see your point about getting a title shot by default but it wouldn't be the first time (Brock lesner) and it won't be the last.

But dont the fans deserve to watch a fight and the other fighters deserve to get their time in the ring too.

I see your point about getting a title shot by default but it wouldn't be the first time (Brock lesner) and it won't be the last.

I wholeheartedly agree. The entire event should not have been canceled. The UFC already had big money invested on UFC 151. The money had already been spent. They should have kept it on and tossed the co-main event a bone..or took Jone's pay and divided it amongst the other fighters. I feel bad for the rest of the guys who trained their asses off and did not get to fight.

Dana knew he could draw the wrestling crowd to the UFC with Brock Lesnar if he made a move like that, and he did. Dana is a businessman first and foremost, and I must say he's damn good at what he does.

Last edited:
IMO---For anyone to say that Chael Sonnen does not deserve a title shot is pure ignorance. Go watch what he did to Silva. He beat the crap out of him for 4 1/2 rounds. Silva GOT LUCKY and capatilized on Sonnen's mistake. YES, Jon Jones is SCARED that he might get his azz whipped and loose his title.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see you're great at posting videos, how come the 2nd fight wasn't posted? Instead of posting the video, I'll just cut to the point.

[Broken External Image]:

Sure, go ahead and give him a shot at the 205 belt. Then after he loses give him a title shot at 225 with Dos Santos and another with GSP at 170. What about all of the guys who have been fighting their way to the top of 205, should a 185'er who just got his ass kicked be allowed to jump to another weight class, bypass every 205 fighter, and get an immediate title shot?

So once again, explain to me how Chael deserves anything outside of 185?

I have been a fan of both Jones and Sonnen.... I am very disappointed that Jones didn't pick up the fight... I see his point about not being able to prepare for it.... but neither did Sonnen. To force the entire event to be cancelled.... wow..... Some times you just have to step up..... It may of been that challenge that Jones has been looking for....

Back
Top Bottom