Date of AWB introduction

I'm thinking the "high capacity magazine" ban will pass and probably the gun show loophole fix will go through. However, I don't see the AWB ban going through the house mainly because of the majority republicans and you also have to remember there is plenty of pro-gun Democrats.

I'm thinking that the 'loophole' argument will get knocked off pretty early. There's lots of states that already force you to use an FFL for private transfers, which shows it hardly needs federal regulation.

Yup, the mag cap is the place where otherwise pro-Second Amendment types might 'compromise'. It's hard to describe a 'need' for a 30 round magazine.

I wonder if anyone is smart enough to use the argue I've been hearing a lot that the 2nd Amendment grants us the right to bear arms to protect us against an oppressive government and that we should have arms the same as our military counterpart. If they can have 30 then we as free people should be able to have 30.

Great example btw.

I wonder if anyone is smart enough to use the argue I've been hearing a lot that the 2nd Amendment grants us the right to bear arms to protect us against an oppressive government and that we should have arms the same as our military counterpart. If they can have 30 then we as free people should be able to have 30.

Great example btw.

If that's the case I need an M2 and an Abrams. A Mk18 would be nice as well.

I wouldn't use that argument as it makes it look like we are preparing to go toe to toe with the US military. And that is a losing battle...

Disagree with what? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just curious.
do you think any amount of Bushmaster AR will be able to do anything against the US military
You are right if it came down to us fighting the military we would be getting blown away with drones and other stuff like that. However, I don't think our military would fire on us.

Disagree with what? I'm not being a jerk, I'm just curious.
do you think any amount of Bushmaster AR will be able to do anything against the US military

I'm sorry but that's the same argument that my anti-gun friend uses but here's the thing, aside from the fact the majority of our military force would refuse to mass murder their own families and friends, why would the government destroy the same citizens they want control over? The founding fathers put the 2nd amendment in to guard against tyranny period. If you water down our defenses by limiting mag capacity, limiting ammunition purchases, limiting the amount of firearms you can buy, limiting the types of firearms, you are violating that 2nd amendment.

I'm sorry but that's the same argument that my anti-gun friend uses but here's the thing, aside from the fact the majority of our military force would refuse to mass murder their own families and friends, why would the government destroy the same citizens they want control over? The founding fathers put the 2nd amendment in to guard against tyranny period. If you water down our defenses by limiting mag capacity, limiting ammunition purchases, limiting the amount of firearms you can buy, limiting the types of firearms, you are violating that 2nd amendment.

That's true, until you think about the Civil War. They fought against their "brothers"
You said you need these weapons to be able to resist the government, and I said you will be a well armed corpse should you try it.

Back
Top Bottom