• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dawson Forest nuclear reactor site.

Here's a google map I made of the various locales and ruin locations, some I've made it to, some I've just read about. It's a pretty cool place, if you go on a weekend you'll see quite a few horses on the trails. Went up on saturday for the thanksgiving break and they had at least 20 horse trailers in the main parking area by the hot cell building. My wife and I walked out to Bear Foot Falls, very nice. Been up there 3 times, not glowing yet...

Enjoy!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208742579400773671158.0004b1c92f8bb667da719&msa=0

Last edited:
I didn't see this post originally, just saw it on what's new. My father worked there, part of it was experimenting with growing plants and vegetables. He would bring home strawberries the size of large apples. Back then after their experiments they would give the fruits and vegetables to the employees. Not exactly something they would do today but apparently never hurt my dad, he's still alive and kicking.

Here's a google map I made of the various locales and ruin locations, some I've made it to, some I've just read about. It's a pretty cool place, if you go on a weekend you'll see quite a few horses on the trails. Went up on saturday for the thanksgiving break and they had at least 20 horse trailers in the main parking area by the hot cell building. My wife and I walked out to Bear Foot Falls, very nice. Been up there 3 times, not glowing yet...

Enjoy!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=208742579400773671158.0004b1c92f8bb667da719&msa=0

GREAT map kee! im gonna use it soon enough. gonna try to see if we can find those unconfirmed spots too.

-Carlo

Went up again yesterday, found a few places and added them confirmed on my google map listed above. One was the rusty bridge just north of the reactor site, very cool bridge and easy to find with the blue marked trail.

i've been walking around there a few times--def. weird place

the other weird thing about Dawson Forest is the murders that have taken place there...

Back
Top Bottom