• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawsonville Gun ripping off customers - removing stickers from factory seconds lots

Cherokee gun and pawn always have good deals and I end up spending more than I want to.

If only I were trolling. Not so. Rather, I am calling out what I consider to be a shady practice. This is what the stickers that were removed from the boxes look like (not my photo):

IMG_1149_0.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

The problem here is that those stickers were almost certainly on those boxes when they came into the store. By the previous poster's admission, they *removed* these stickers. Ya know, I'd kinda like to know whether or not the product I am buying has cosmetic or velocity defects. I could see where the adhesive used to be on these boxes.

I'm stupified at the legion of fudd's that come out to defend their "local gun store" in light of certain events. Go up to the store and look at the boxes yourselves and tell me I'm wrong.

If only I were trolling. Not so. Rather, I am calling out what I consider to be a shady practice. This is what the stickers that were removed from the boxes look like (not my photo):

View attachment 114178

View attachment 114179

The problem here is that those stickers were almost certainly on those boxes when they came into the store. By the previous poster's admission, they *removed* these stickers. Ya know, I'd kinda like to know whether or not the product I am buying has cosmetic or velocity defects. I could see where the adhesive used to be on these boxes.

I'm stupified at the legion of fudd's that come out to defend their "local gun store" in light of certain events. Go up to the store and look at the boxes yourselves and tell me I'm wrong.

I'm stupefied at someone posting a thread like this and disappearing for two weeks.

johnpauljones, did you actually buy any of this ammo and have problems? also, how are the pricing on these relative to cheaperthandirt and others?

you might be thinking they are ripping people off when in fact that are selling factory seconds for well below market value on the ammo that did pass spec. also, 223/556 prices have gone up about 60% since jan, so make sure to think about that when you check market price.

I'm stupefied at someone posting a thread like this and disappearing for two weeks.

Yea it's a big knock to his argument to disappear, also without the pictures of the boxes at the store, it's his word and reputation against theirs. Accusations like this should have a detailed OP and not a simply finger point, otherwise you look like a troll or a butthurt customer.

Hmmm. not sure what a fudd is but I assume this isn't a nice comment about those on the ODT that give the store the benefit of a doubt?

federal needs to imprint the box so any warning notifications a cannot be removed.
IF any one was removing stickers from factory boxes they should not,messing with ammo labeling shouldnt be done.
any factory defect should be noted.
dont buy it if you have any doubts.

Back
Top Bottom