• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DD backing out of NRA event after Uvalde

DD puts out some nice rifles. I have used their bolt carrier groups a lot in my 6.8 builds. Their fixed sights are excellent not to mention their barrels. They also have a few areas that leave a bit to be disired. Would them backing out of a show deter me from buying parts or a rifle on the cheap, not for one minute.

Doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me. Were they afraid they would get picketed? In the actual convention hall?

Seems to me it would have been better to simply explain to people that they didn't give this killer one of their rifles, and that the results would have been the same if they used another brand.

It was the cops messing around for an hour before going after the killer that caused this high a body count. He could have been using a single shot rifle and killed 20-odd people.

No dog in this fight but I am going play a little devils advocate (and I know absolutely nothing about the reasons why they pulled out):
Considering the circumstances, its possible they made the call based solely on the safety of their employees attending the show.

No dog in this fight but I am going play a little devils advocate (and I know absolutely nothing about the reasons why they pulled out):
Considering the circumstances, its possible they made the call based solely on the safety of their employees attending the show.
And a very legit reason

Given the content of Daniel Defenses past marketing campaigns and the fact that Remington settled with the Sandy Hook families for 73 million after being sued over the advertising for the Sandy Hook shooters Bushmaster rifle, I would think laying low and putting out a message along the lines of "We believe this week is not the appropriate time to be promoting our products in Texas at the NRA meeting" would be a prudent move. Not that I think it will help them as I feel sure there is a small army of lawyers about to come after the company.

Back
Top Bottom