• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DE 50 barrel question

GAGunguy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
260   1
Reaction score
I took the Deagle to the range yesterday and let the boys shoot a few rounds down range.

Brought it home and broke it down completely. I haven't taken it totally apart since I'd owned it, so it was due.

The rifling in the barrel is barely noticeable, it looks polished and smooth, with a very faint twirl from the rifling.

Is this normal, or is the barrel worn?

How long does it take to wear down the rifling so the barrel is smooth on the inside?

^+1 Yep, what he said. FYI Lead is not recommended for polygonal barrels, unless it is hard cast, and even then I'd check barrel for build up.

Man was that thing fun to shoot. Thanks Bill! My neighbor still can't stop talking about how much fun she had with us yesterday.

Man was that thing fun to shoot. Thanks Bill! My neighbor still can't stop talking about how much fun she had with us yesterday.

Yeah, between you and Tommy I always end up shooting something new. I loved that 9mm Sterling carbine, that was cool. Your 44mag is like torture, feel like I punched my man card for the month after shooting that thing.

Glad your new Gf had fun:)

Hey, I tried to call you yesterday too. Stoped back by NGC to see if anybody turned in that .25ACP ammo and nobody did and it wasn't in the range either.

Back
Top Bottom