• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dealer trade-in

I never trade in a gun to a gun store. But I go to Sporting Arms in Winterville when I am buying retail. I see Jerry offer very good trade in values to people who come in to trade. And if it is something he does not want he will tell you. Very honest store.

Not sure about NE Georgia. I know of some places up there but none of them give a lot of money for trade-in's. I know in my parts there are two places that are fair on trade-in's but you're on the opposite side of the State.

I have never traded a gun in to a gun store. I've never pawned a gun either. No, my dealings with both entities have always been one sided. I give them my money and they take my money.

I have never traded a gun in to a gun store. I've never pawned a gun either. No, my dealings with both entities have always been one sided. I give them my money and they take my money.

I've done some trades here and there. Usually when I can come out ahead.

I know one place that only goes by blue book value, and in their blue book it says pay $50-75 (IIRC) extra if an SKS has an 'extended mag'. Of course, the book is talking about those rare Chinese star mags or the models that can take AK mags, but they'll have every SKS with a Tapco or Cobray duckbill priced at $100 higher than a regular SKS. So some guns they under price, other guns they over price. I scored a pre-1898 Mosin Nagant for $119.99 from them once because the Blue Book told them to sell it for that, and when I later sold it I think some guy on GB gave me $275 or $300 for it.

Or, once I had a Taurus PT92 listed on here. No biters. Took it to a local pawn and on trade they gave me more than what I had it listed for on ODT, because they were going by a blue book. So in that case I made more than what I would have made privately, because I was trying to sell the gun on here to buy the gun I traded for.

Back
Top Bottom