• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dealing with a bad back

I had a fall when I was in my mid teens….fractured 3 lower vertebrae and crushed one to the point I had to have pins. The main problems started after the extraction of them…took a while to get to the point of being able to just get up without major pain.
That was years ago and it has gotten worse. Several attempts to repair/help have failed but I just keep pushing on and try to get along day by day.
Sometimes you get to where you wonder “why” . Daily doses of pills, injections every month to three months, constant nagging, etc.,
But I keep going …like the freaking bunny !! :grey:

So as I get older my back is getting worse. I always deal with it in the deer stand. I’ve bought all kinds of cushions over the years. Made a trip to BPS on Friday and bought a gel filled cushion. I don’t remember who made it. Cost like $70. Ouch. But So far so good. Anyone else?
If it’s the fat boy cushion it’s worth every penny. I’ve used one for years. Also getting the deer out I use a hawk deer cart to help with dragging. For loading in the truck I have a hoist with a wench that fits in the receiver. No more pulling deer up into the bed. All that has made my back much happier.

If it’s the fat boy cushion it’s worth every penny. I’ve used one for years. Also getting the deer out I use a hawk deer cart to help with dragging. For loading in the truck I have a hoist with a wench that fits in the receiver. No more pulling deer up into the bed. All that has made my back much happier.
I have one of those hoists but I just put the deer on my trailer behind my 4 wheeler. The problem is getting the deer onto the 4 wheeler. I have tied a rope to the deer’s rack and used my winch to lift it up. Tie it off with the rope. Back 4 wheeler under hanging deer

Back
Top Bottom