• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decent prices on 22LR ammo.

If I could find any CCI SV for the same price, sure, I agree with you. But it's all $4.50+ a box.

If I could find any CCI SV for the same price, sure, I agree with you. But it's all $4.50+ a box.
Around my neck of the woods, CCI SV seems to have settled in at around $40-$42 a brick. .08 per round isn't too bad as long as shipping is not involved. I buy as much as I can find and they're no limit these day which is nice. Heck, a 1.5 hour trip to the range last night cost me 550 rounds so I need to keep the drug coming so I don't go into withdrawals!

I have not seen CCI SV in stores around me. I got some in AO a few weeks ago, but they have been out lately. AO limited it to 10 boxes. I've seen it on line for 47-48 a brick.

Back this Spring AO had the CCI SV it for the same price as this Aguila, but that was the last time I've seen it that low. The simple fact is that we'll never see 22 below 7-8 cents a round again. Just the component costs guarantee that.

Ammo companies used to use 22 a a loss leader for their more profitable centerfire categories, but the volume (even now it's 'back') means they simply can't afford to do that any more. Just like a gas price hike, once it goes up it never comes back down all the way.

I'm still pretty lucky around here. Plentiful supply at decent prices, even for "the good stuff!"

IMG_20161008_151623503.jpg

Would love to find me some American Eagle .22 sub sonic. Got some from AO and it was really nice shooting and fairly clean. The Anguia .22 sub is 40 Gr and gold box with blue stripe

Back
Top Bottom