• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Decisions Decisions!!

Keep or upgrade?

• Keep THE SCAR 17S, She's Been Loyal!

• LWRC REPR MK2, You Deserve Better!!

• HK MR762A1 LRP, You Deserve The Best!!!

• OTHER!?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   1
Reaction score
I'm in a dilemma ODT, I'm currently in the process of upgrading my FNH SCAR 17S optic and suppressor. In the process of selling my optic and purchasing another suppressor, a thought came to mind. Why don't I upgrade the SCAR 17S to a LWRC REPR MK2 or HK 762 LRP! Should I keep the SCAR 17S or upgrade?

From an accuracy standpoint there are all pretty much the same. If you are happy with the scar, keep it. There is a scar 20 out there and proof research REPR, but there's only so much a semiautomatic can do. Your scar is lighter in weight than the other options.

Unless you hate it, keep the scar.

So to be honest, I bought a PVS-27 and would like a platform to use that clip-on. I really love the SCAR 17S and just would like something I can use the clip-on on a gas gun. I would have to see the prices on the KAC rifles and learn about the different models. But if not, I will keep SCAR and just use it for daytime ops.

From an accuracy standpoint there are all pretty much the same. If you are happy with the scar, keep it. There is a scar 20 out there and proof research REPR, but there's only so much a semiautomatic can do. Your scar is lighter in weight than the other options.

Unless you hate it, keep the scar.

So to be honest, I bought a PVS-27 and would like a platform to use that clip-on. I really love the SCAR 17S and just would like something I can use the clip-on on a gas gun. I would have to see the prices on the KAC rifles and learn about the different models. But if not, I will keep SCAR and just use it for daytime ops.
So, the issue you will run into on the 17 is scope selection with mounting a cnvd on the front. You need something very short, so limited to LPVO's essentially. If you go to a 20, you have more rail space and options open up a bit. And I still have not gotten a striaght answer as to whether a 30 or 27 while handle the recoil impulse of the 17 and 20.

Back
Top Bottom