• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Head Shots from a 6mm Creedmoor

I've shot one deer in the head. I swore I wouldn't do it again. I guess I'm a little soft hearted. Just seemed too gruesome. Sure it kills them instantly and that is most humane, but I actually love animals and just felt it was not for me. I keep the deer I kill out of the eye of the public.
what he said!!! there are just too many ways to kill a dear....not interesting

I've shot one deer in the head. I swore I wouldn't do it again. I guess I'm a little soft hearted. Just seemed too gruesome. Sure it kills them instantly and that is most humane, but I actually love animals and just felt it was not for me. I keep the deer I kill out of the eye of the public.
I feel the same way. I had enough killing in my youth. Now if I hunt I use a camera. Much more rewarding.

Soft hearted? **** that. All that died peacefully in their sleep stuff is bull****. Give me a fast violent death please.
Don't care in the least if the onlookers have to suffer. If I'm the one dying, I don't want to suffer. High powered rifle to the head seams like a great way to me.

If you're gonna kill a deer, it's gonna be dead. As one user stated about a head shot, "it kills them instantly and that is most humane". The discussion shouldn't be about how "gruesome" the head-shot is, but how ethical. If you lack the resources and ability to dispatch such a fast and humane kill then you should, hopefully, possess the judgement to refrain from attempting such a shot. Is it pretty? No, death usually isn't. Unless it comes Cryovac'd.

We do all our own processing and dealing with blood shot meat isn't happening.
IMG_20230108_135715602.jpg

If you're gonna kill a deer, it's gonna be dead. As one user stated about a head shot, "it kills them instantly and that is most humane". The discussion shouldn't be about how "gruesome" the head-shot is, but how ethical. If you lack the resources and ability to dispatch such a fast and humane kill then you should, hopefully, possess the judgement to refrain from attempting such a shot. Is it pretty? No, death usually isn't. Unless it comes Cryovac'd.
This is no bull ****. That gun he shoots would hit a quarter at 300. He would hit the same place on a plate repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom