• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer Head Shots from a 6mm Creedmoor

Pics like the ones on the op are why the anti hunters are gaining traction. Not knocking you for taking an animal with a jeadshot l, hell I've done it too but pics of the aftermath of it is just fuel for fire of the anti hunters. Just my opinion though.
The OP did not take the animal, yet posted the photos. I don't know why but that makes it a bit distasteful to me.

try makin" a sammich out of a picture..... :boink:
LOL. If I was starving in a SHTF scenario then I would have no problem blasting Bambi. It's just these days dragging one out of the woods is impossible with my physical condition. I would be laid up in traction for a month. I also don't know how to prepare the meat do eat what I kill. I am strongly against killing something I am not going to eat. I don't have a problem with kills going to the soup kitchens but to do that year after year after year is just killing. I just don't enjoy killing that much anymore.

Deer head shots from a 300 win magnum.

OIP.-qa-tXMXnaoRciQ0ldoXyAHaFW

I hate to tell you this but theirs not a single deer in this picture :lol:

LOL. If I was starving in a SHTF scenario then I would have no problem blasting Bambi. It's just these days dragging one out of the woods is impossible with my physical condition. I would be laid up in traction for a month. I also don't know how to prepare the meat do eat what I kill. I am strongly against killing something I am not going to eat. I don't have a problem with kills going to the soup kitchens but to do that year after year after year is just killing. I just don't enjoy killing that much anymore.
i was just teasing. to be honest i hunt for meat, not trophy. i am more likely to come home with a doe or button buck, over a monster. i tend to cross hare the big guys, and let them go hump some more eaters into existence .
last year i saw what was one of the best group of bucks ever. they chased 3 does right under the stand. i saw 8 bucks that day, and did not shoot one of them. i cross haired 3 of them. i almost took one of the spikes, but i passed.
3 8's , 2 spikes,1 6, a jacked up non typical, and a button..
nature can be beautiful..

The thing is, the 6 creedmoor is a relatively small casing. The bullet is long and the BC has got to be off the chart but it imparts carnage for such a small case. I think he said he is getting over 4000 fps for 95 gr. projectiles. That's is moving and with pin point accuracy.

6CM?? Maybe he meant 3000 to 3100 fps?

Reactions: GFB
i was just teasing. to be honest i hunt for meat, not trophy. i am more likely to come home with a doe or button buck, over a monster. i tend to cross hare the big guys, and let them go hump some more eaters into existence .
last year i saw what was one of the best group of bucks ever. they chased 3 does right under the stand. i saw 8 bucks that day, and did not shoot one of them. i cross haired 3 of them. i almost took one of the spikes, but i passed.
3 8's , 2 spikes,1 6, a jacked up non typical, and a button..
nature can be beautiful..
He is the same way. He said you can't eat the horns. He has a buck hanging in his house that has the biggest neck I have seen on a deer. He said it weighed right at 219 lbs and dressed out right under 200. 195 I believe he said. It's a monster.

The thing is, the 6 creedmoor is a relatively small casing. The bullet is long and the BC has got to be off the chart but it imparts carnage for such a small case. I think he said he is getting over 4000 fps for 95 gr. projectiles. That's is moving and with pin point accuracy.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Speer hand loading manual.
IMG_20230813_134507155~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom