• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Define shooter buck in your opinion

My hunting club unfortunately legal regs. I got to many yahoos that will if I don't. Our family's farm is QDM. So its 8 points or above. I really don't care either way on bucks or doe. I tend to prefer younger doe's for the taste of the meat though
Same. If someone asks for one I normally shoot the biggest doe I see

I have taken anything from spikes to 139” 11 pt. I used to hunt because of my love of hunting and we ate the deer. Now days I watch most of them because we don’t eat it as much. Usually I wait on a decent 16”+ width 8 or better but I have no qualms about any if I want it or have someone that does

depends on what I am seeing and whats on the cameras. Like to shoot a mature 8 pointer but will shoot a lesser buck if that is what is available

I shoot does for meat. The only time I will shoot a buck is if he is at least 2 1/2 and still has spikes or otherwise badly screwed up rack. In other words, cull bucks.

So would you shoot the one in my original post? He’s a straight 8
Is he pressured? will he make it til next season in your area? he 4 1/2 be really nice at 5 1/2 but if he is going down from adjoining land owners I would take him now if he has no chance

Back
Top Bottom