Del-Ton AR 15 - used - is a $1000 a good deal?

If it's what someone wants? If it's what they're bringing now? If this and if that.

If I had one, $1K wouldn't buy it now. So I guess it is worth it for me.

I've seen Colt's 6920's going for much more than mine and mine's still here. I've seen some .308/7.62 AR's of various configs going for well over $3K, mine are still here. I guess they're also worth their price to me?

If you see money changing hands for the same item you have and you aren't selling yours, then you value yours for more money than what you've seen others selling them for. Isn't that how it works for ya'll?

If it's what someone wants? If it's what they're bringing now? If this and if that.

If I had one, $1K wouldn't buy it now. So I guess it is worth it for me.

I've seen Colt's 6920's going for much more than mine and mine's still here. I've seen some .308/7.62 AR's of various configs going for well over $3K, mine are still here. I guess they're also worth their price to me?

If you see money changing hands for the same item you have and you aren't selling yours, then you value yours for more money than what you've seen others selling them for. Isn't that how it works for ya'll?
Eh not really. I sell things based on boredom 99% of the time. I have a few guns I planned to sell before all this crap happened. Call me a communist but I'm not selling them because I can't inflate the price to the dumb level it's at and I refuse to let someone buy cheap from me just to turn around and rip someone else off.

I ain't married to any possession. Prices weren't as high in 08 as I've seen this time. I didn't value mine as much as others did then, so I sold every one of them I had within a few weeks.

This time, I've sold nothing but a few stocks and LPK's to a dealer that needed them for his customers. I value mine at more than I do the money they're bringing this time. That's how I see it?

I ain't married to any possession. Prices weren't as high in 08 as I've seen this time. I didn't value mine as much as others did then, so I sold every one of them I had within a few weeks.

This time, I've sold nothing but a few stocks and LPK's to a dealer that needed them for his customers. I value mine at more than I do the money they're bringing this time. That's how I see it?

Makes sense . There are some guns I have that I value more than the money I'd get for them. I hear ya :thumb:

Tempted but not selling mine either. Too much uncertainty about the future. If the OP is still reading this thread here's my opinion.
I'd rather overpay $100-150 for a stripped lower and buy a delton rifle kit for $485 or similar when they become available again in the future. Even if you pay a gouger $300 for a good brand lower and get a kit later you'd have an AR for $800 that should keep it's value if there is no ban.

IMO-- I wouldn't pay $1000 for it. But if you are seriously wanting and feel the need for an AR, the answer would be up to you. There are way too many opinions on here about the quality of certain weapons.

Ask yourself, "what was my first impression and my gut instinct", then follow it. You will at least have a 50/50 chance of being right instead of worrying if you made the right choice or not. I'd say stick to that answer.

Back
Top Bottom