• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... what a sad... sad... excuse for a "life" beginning to end. :(

It is.

I am not saying he was asking for it but we need to understand nothing happens in a vacuum.

The shooting is nothing like Trayvon but the media response is.

"6'2" Black man shot while assaulting by 5'6'' latino" is not as sexy as "Black baby murdered by white man".

"Convicted felon, mental patient, and known drunk killed by officer" gets no traction. "Underprivileged Native American artist gunned down by police" is leading the news at 6.

"Convicted felon, mental patient, and known drunk killed by officer" gets no traction. "Underprivileged Native American artist gunned down by police" is leading the news at 6.
The problem is, nothing about the officer's prior knowledge of the deceased (which everything suggests was non existent right?), nor the video, suggest his prior record had anything, at all, to do with his being killed. He was a guy walking down the street carving a stick who apparently closed the knife prior to being killed. The cop's tone and demeanor I would equate with someone that just put down a sick dog. When the eye witness even chastises him... his tone is basically indignant.

It is.

I am not saying he was asking for it but we need to understand nothing happens in a vacuum.

The shooting is nothing like Trayvon but the media response is.

"6'2" Black man shot while assaulting by 5'6'' latino" is not as sexy as "Black baby murdered by white man".

Some of us are capable of putting all that aside and just looking at the events that occurred when he unjustifiably gunned whoever down. You don't see me dwelling in threads that bash cops, in fact I am usually a defender. But this stinks from the get-go.

Last edited:
All of these LEO threads come down to two types.

You have the guy who thinks every cop is bad (except the one to which he is speaking of course) and the LEO who talks about his job like he is being dropped onto LZ Xray daily.

The truth is found in the middle. Police officer is a job performed by humans. Just like all groups, you have smart, dumb, fit, fat, attractive, ugly, good, bad, and assholes. Just like every National Guardsman should not be judged by the actions of those idiots at Abu Ghraib, you cannot judge an entire profession based on what we read on the internet and see on the news.

When we do see the occasional good story about an LEO, the cop bashers say "So? He did one good thing this one time. That's his job." When we read something negative "They all suck!" Good stories are portrayed as the exception.

Fat girls prefer the terms voluptuous and full figured.

Ive had my door kicked in at 2am by boots...

over something 2 time zones away...

I was not in the country for at the time

Hospitalized for three months for "resisting"
Lost EVERYTHING I owned

"We have witnesses that place you at the scene!"
and I was overseas verified by passport.

afterwards I was dumped out on the street without so much as a bus ticket home.

so yeah, play the semantics game all you like... cops don't give a rat's ass about right or wrong... it's all about the paycheck and that next promotion.

paranoid?
"just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't after you." -Joeseph Heller Catch-22

Lost EVERYTHING I owned

so yeah, play the semantics game all you like... cops don't give a rat's ass about right or wrong... it's all about the paycheck and that next promotion.

paranoid?
"just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't after you." -Joeseph Heller Catch-22
WTH?!?! I want to hear this story. On second thought, maybe I don't! :eek: Thanking God again for my boring life....

Lost EVERYTHING I owned

paranoid?

Are you generalizing that all cops/law enforcement officers are this way? (in bold)

I wasn't playing semantics. You were the one that didn't like my wording and I illustrated your absurdity. If the foil makes you feel better, by all means wear it.

Your jaded response devalues any legitimate point you may have on the subject due to obvious distain for everyone in the profession.

I certainly would not my time in the Army judged by the actions of others because I met some real dumbasses in my time. If you are incapable of forming opinions based on facts of individual cases, perhaps you should stay out of these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom