• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic but worth of mentioning.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook recently. He was training to be a Chattanooga Police Officer, was going to the academy, doing ride-alongs and was all Gung ho and supportive of the police department in general?

Please explain this!

"I am so glad I did not take the job as a police officer
here in chatt (or anywhere else) for many reasons.
The number one reason is they are trained to not tell
you about your rights. They prey on your ignorance
to get what they want. That is dishonest!
I would not have lasted long as a PO.
Know your rights ppl !!"

A friend of mine's son was a Chattanooga officer. He lasted a year. He will only tell you that it was NOTHING like he imagined and it was NOT serving and protecting.

every town has alcoholics that have never been violent, but have "been arrested a 100 times"...doesn't mean much just in that context.
Yep. How many times was Otis the town drunk arrested? (Showing my age?)
If the guy had no arrests for violence (and to a certain degree even if he did) his record means absolutely nothing in the context of being gunned down by being shot IN THE BACK AND SIDE and not holding firearm.

every town has alcoholics that have never been violent, but have "been arrested a 100 times"...doesn't mean much just in that context.

That was all he report said. I am just relaying what I read. I understand it doesn't mean much ALTHOUGH the likelihood of local LEOs knowing the guy increases I think.

That was all he report said. I am just relaying what I read. I understand it doesn't mean much ALTHOUGH the likelihood of local LEOs knowing the guy increases I think.

The officer responded to a 911 call from his halfway house about his violent behavior.

"Birk had encountered Williams at least once before: The police officer showed up on a disturbance call at the facility where Williams lived in June 2009, after Williams grabbed another resident around the neck - laughingly dismissed by the resident as a bear hug, records show. But it scared staff who said Williams had been acting erratically lately, and they called the cops. Birk and another officer arrived to find Williams drunk, slurring his speech, his head rotating backward as he was wracked by a seizure.

In May 2009, he was charged with a felony for exposing himself to a staff member at 1811 Eastlake. In July, he punched another resident in the mouth and was booked for misdemeanor assault. In August, he belted a female staff worker at a Skagit County detox center hard enough to raise a lump on the side of her head. The police arrived to find him in an isolation room, where he had been smashing the wall with a chair. He raved about Nazis and people having their brains removed."

This angel spent time in a mental hospital after throwing a man through a plate glass window. He has 30 convictions including public indecency (5 convictions); lewd conduct, disorderly conduct and indecent exposure.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2013175206_williams16m.html

and given the obvious evidence and the follow-up investigation none of that is relevant, scumbag or not. I was just addressing the fact that every town has guys that are known to LE for multiple contacts and not necessarily dangerous ones. Mentally ill people often disrobe, I know several police officers that had disorderly conducts and simple assaults and received waivers, sounds like your average homeless severely mentally ill dude. There are two or three hundred sitting in downtown Atlanta parks and streets right now...jumping out of your patrol car yelling and then shooting them in the back...no he doesn't get a pass based on the bum he killed.

Yes, I was playing catch up as I posted....nothing in his history would have put me in the mindset of that officer. Hopefully he will never wear a badge again. Response to \/

Last edited:
and given the obvious evidence and the follow-up investigation none of that is relevant, scumbag or not. I was just addressing the fact that every town has guys that are known to LE for multiple contacts and not necessarily dangerous ones. Mentally ill people often disrobe, I know several police officers that had disorderly conducts and simple assaults and received waivers, sounds like your average homeless severely mentally ill dude. There are two or three hundred sitting in downtown Atlanta parks and streets right now...

Did you read the article?

The officer responded to a 911 call from his halfway house about his violent behavior.

"Birk had encountered Williams at least once before: The police officer showed up on a disturbance call at the facility where Williams lived in June 2009, after Williams grabbed another resident around the neck - laughingly dismissed by the resident as a bear hug, records show. But it scared staff who said Williams had been acting erratically lately, and they called the cops. Birk and another officer arrived to find Williams drunk, slurring his speech, his head rotating backward as he was wracked by a seizure.

In May 2009, he was charged with a felony for exposing himself to a staff member at 1811 Eastlake. In July, he punched another resident in the mouth and was booked for misdemeanor assault. In August, he belted a female staff worker at a Skagit County detox center hard enough to raise a lump on the side of her head. The police arrived to find him in an isolation room, where he had been smashing the wall with a chair. He raved about Nazis and people having their brains removed."

The report says they had not encountered each other. bottom page 1 top page 2. http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/files/2011/02/Firearms-review-board-report.pdf

then page 5 and 6 says he was simply on patrol, not responding to a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom