• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
<Sarcasm>

Police Handbook, 2013 Edition:

Rule 5687: "If you see a non-responsive, naked, human, regardless of age, assume they are on PCP. They might be dangerous and have the strength of 10 men. Use a Taser immediately. If they do not respond to the Taser, fire for effect... Kill the zombie bastard(ette)."

</Sarcasm>

Last edited:
I grew up behind the Iron Curtain. I was taught to fear the police,and for a good reason. It seems that in the last 15-18 years,US cops are behaving more and more like my childhood cops.
If people only realized how sad a statement that was. :grey: Instead the frog boiling continues. "Water's fine, come on in!"

You guys are pointing out some truly horrible cases.

I really just think that these are a very small percentage of encounters though. If you think that cops are getting worse and worse, read back on the 1960's. Go back to the 20's and 30's if you want to read some really bad cop stories.

Just a little more info about the girl that got tazed.

First, even her father admits she does not look like an 11 year old (her actual age) and is much bigger and looks mature.
Second, it was a female officer dealing with her.
Third, she was evading the officer and was running into traffic in the process.

So, the situation was that you had a nude person that was as big as the officer evading capture and putting herself and others at immediate risk by obliviously running into traffic on an interstate highway. That paints a little different picture than I got from the previous posts here. Hmmmm.

You guys are pointing out some truly horrible cases.

I really just think that these are a very small percentage of encounters though. If you think that cops are getting worse and worse, read back on the 1960's. Go back to the 20's and 30's if you want to read some really bad cop stories.
You could be correct. The growing infringement on personal liberties by the government (at all levels) probably doesn't help with the perception of LEO (at all levels).

It is the perception of what the cops are doing that matters. Not what they are or are not doing. Cops are being perceived as bullies, thieves, tax collectors and executioners. If they are not doing those things, then they need to clear these things up in the public image. Citizens think they have no recourse when dealing with a crooked cop and are afraid for their lives in some instances. There's this magical thing called a badge that gives them GOD rights when squaring off with another human being.

Also, because cameras are everywhere, including police cars, the evidence for these types of lapses in judgement and intentional actions is starting to come out.

Second, it was a female officer dealing with her.
If the female officer cannot pass the same physical test as the rest of the recruits, she should not be a cop.
Her sex should have nothing to do with her ability to do the job.

PS do you have a link to the story with more details?

You could be correct. The growing infringement on personal liberties by the government (at all levels) probably doesn't help with the perception of LEO (at all levels).

Totally agree there. It's not the cops that are getting worse. They're enforcing the laws put in place by the people we elect... and then re-elect.

There are a lot of liberties we've gained ground on in the past few decades. Privacy and other infringements are setting us up for 180 turn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom