• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you guys that keep talking about the 12 year old have just decided to completely ignore the additional facts that I posted. Typical. You hate cops and the facts of a case just don't matter.

You're right up the with Al and Jesse.

So you guys that keep talking about the 12 year old have just decided to completely ignore the additional facts that I posted. Typical. You hate cops and the facts of a case just don't matter.

i dont hate cops.......just that guy from Nebraska........

This is the typical LEO answer.

Dude breaking in my house gets a Glock 19, then when I am safe and able to call, 911. If a naked 12 year old girl is trying to grab my kid from the bus stop, I am ushering my child away and then calling the cops. If I am not at the bus stop with my child what makes you think an LEO will be there. I wouldn't expect that person to get tazed within the first minute of the encounter though.

LEOs in general do not prevent crime. Yes, I will give you that the "presence" of police will cause the "perp" to think twice or to seek a new location to commit their crime. But if the crime was committed somewhere else did the LEO really "prevent" anything?

Those who never have, will never know. I can tell you that I have arrested hundreds of bad guys by being proactive and investigating those situations that others on the ODT post as a violation of your rights. My comments were mainly directed to the very first post where the author wants to tell LEOs how to handle their calls. If you beleive LEOs don't prevent crime, do an open records check of a department. You'll find that there are plenty out there who make multiple arrests everyday by being proactive. True there are those who only answer the calls they get and never stop a car. Those guys are needed too, we need someone to answer alarm calls while the rest of us hunt. The real reason it doesn't seem like the police don't stop crime is that there are not enough out there. I know this will bring out all those who complain about taxes but so be it.

Those who never have, will never know. I can tell you that I have arrested hundreds of bad guys by being proactive and investigating those situations that others on the ODT post as a violation of your rights. My comments were mainly directed to the very first post where the author wants to tell LEOs how to handle their calls. If you beleive LEOs don't prevent crime, do an open records check of a department. You'll find that there are plenty out there who make multiple arrests everyday by being proactive. True there are those who only answer the calls they get and never stop a car. Those guys are needed too, we need someone to answer alarm calls while the rest of us hunt. The real reason it doesn't seem like the police don't stop crime is that there are not enough out there. I know this will bring out all those who complain about taxes but so be it.

Nothing to do with taxes and I respect your response and the job that you do on the street, but the majority of major crimes aren't prevented, they're investigated. That's not an officers fault though; you're not psychics. There are some instances where you can see a situation about to unfold and stop it then, but they majority of major, random, violent crimes are merely investigated after the fact. The only way this could be any different is if you were in the movie "Minority Report", where crimes were seen before they happened. Just my $.02

I remember an investigation done once where they ask a bunch of different criminals what they feared the most, guess what, it was an armed victim. I feel police are there, and the US Supreme Court agrees, to investigate crime. There is no duty to protect. The problem is that society has traded personal responsibility for a faux security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom