• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delta pilot not woke ...lol

I've been on an airplane that almost had this happen. I had no idea how well the brakes worked on a 737. We "hopped" to a complete stop when another jet crossed our path on the way to the runway.
I was on a mid sized two engine commuter that had started its take off and almost halfway through the pilot pulled an emergency abort....very scary... Pilot said something about an engine light.... they pulled us back into the gate and then pronounced that same plane safe and we reloaded for another takeoff.....

Many years back my Dad was flying from Athens Greece to London on a two-engine jet. He was a good mechanic and noticed little details of how machinery worked. They loaded the plane and got the engines running but kept sitting in place for quite a while. Then they shut down the right engine (he was seated on the right side) and he got a ringside seat for a bunch of mechanics who started taking the covers off the engine and working on things with only a few dinky flashlights for illumination. After a while they put the covers on, fired the engine up, then departed for the U.K. The pilot came on the intercom and said the ground crew was only "checking something on the right engine". My Dad said it was much more than checking ... and he was tense the whole time until they landed at Heathrow.

dont fly to many dumb ass's out there most cant drive a car much less a tractor or any thing bigger but i do wont to know witch one pulled there 40 out and busted a cap

Back
Top Bottom