• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dem Dawgs!

13981.jpeg

They look ****ing good. Damn good. Maybe 2?
I'm a die hard dawg fan, but if you had asked me before today's game I would have said probably not because we lost so many starters and back to back titles are difficult enough. Asking me now though?
I'm more than hopeful. That was a national championship contending team I watched this afternoon. Duck season was open today and they got their limit.

I'm a die hard dawg fan, but if you had asked me before today's game I would have said probably not because we lost so many starters and back to back titles are difficult enough. Asking me now though?
I'm more than hopeful. That was a national championship contending team I watched this afternoon. Duck season was open today and they got their limit.
UGA even backed off in q4. didn't let the ducks get a mercy score either. dunno if Oregon was really #11 either. what do they drop to? 20? lower?

Couple of observations about the game:

Offense looked like a well-oiled machine. Bennett looked as calm as a cucumber, and with the exception of the one freakish scramble TD play to McConkey, every decision he made looked smart. He looked completely competent in a way you don't see for many college QBs. TE group is freakishly good. WRs group is very deep. Running back group is very deep.

Defense was different for UGA. For the first time in a long time, it looks like the strength of this defense might be the secondary. Very few blitzes. They seemed content to rush four most of the time. UGA's hallmark on defense in recent years has been freakish athleticism in D line and linebacker group, running all over the place and blowing up plays. I'm not sure that's what they are this year. They looked great, but in a different way.

Was thinking about the game, wanted to add this tidbit: I haven't paid close attention to Carson Beck. I paid attention when he came in:

He's go the fast windup and release I can recall seeing in a college QB. Can't teach that; it's God given. If he develops, UGA will get another couple of good years of QB play.

Back
Top Bottom