• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Demolition Derby is back!

My Grandmother lived real close to Rome International Speedway. We used to go there lots of times on Sunday night, folks like Leon "Slick" Sells from Duluth area, Wilson Shell from Acworth, Mackey Moates, An Archer guy I can't remember and a lot more Leon was a late class driver big boys and was inducted in the Hall Of Fame I believe, I read read where he died a few years back. Great times back then and Rome was Dirt Track, you had red dirt on you when you got home.

My Grandmother lived real close to Rome International Speedway. We used to go there lots of times on Sunday night, folks like Leon "Slick" Sells from Duluth area, Wilson Shell from Acworth, Mackey Moates, An Archer guy I can't remember and a lot more Leon was a late class driver big boys and was inducted in the Hall Of Fame I believe, I read read where he died a few years back. Great times back then and Rome was Dirt Track, you had red dirt on you when you got home.
We use to park on the fence at Douglasville. I had a white Monte Carlo. It was more cinnamon color when we left 🤣🤣

My stepdad used to love the old dirt tracks (must have been his moonshinin’ roots).
We’d go to a couple of races a month back in the late ‘50’s, early 60’s. Get down in the infield and talk with the mechanics and drivers.
Back when it was fun.

Back
Top Bottom