• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Designator boys, what switches are you running?

JDS556762

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
159   0
Reaction score
Just grabbed an OTAL-C from Steiner for my B&T. Wanting to eventually run white light on the weapon as well, but need a reliable Y switch for designator and light.

Steiner offers their proprietary Y switch
68D5CF03-8DDF-4709-B445-D59B8A56AC31.jpeg

I know Surefire offers the SR-D-IT

CE1DF4D4-057E-424E-9345-DFEAD9736D6E.jpeg

Unity Tactical (in conjunction with TNVC.com) offer the TAPS switch which claims to have solved disconnecting issues with designators that Steiner and Surefire apparently experienced?

2919893B-7C74-47F9-8620-B2864F7FAB01.jpeg

I myself have experienced the laser shutting off during extended strings of fire due to recoil causing the actual male-plug to come ajar within the units port.

Having read reviews on other designator units (DBAL, Holosun, even ATPIAL-Cs) I’m seeing this problem across the board.

You guys who run designators what are you running?
Have you experienced this crap shoot of Pressure Switch reliability?
Any fixes you can recommend?
Have heard of everything from Velcro, to glue, to shaving/modifying the actual male plug.

Nobody? Everybody with a Dbal or a Peq has a reliable pressure switch, just blasting lasers all over the place at will?

Wouldn’t shock me.

How so?
Shooting targets accurately in low-no light with night vision and a designator has never made me feel stupid ....
Just seems not practical for use here . Maybe it a few situations but over all to disregard aiming and depending on an electrical device which could fail anytime to me makes me feel stupid.

Keep in mind I feel like I’m eating healthy when I eat organic Doritos . So don’t take anything said as a real negative. Just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom