Did I "get him"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptMopar

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
I did a trade yesterday on a Sig Sauer .40 P2022 gun package I had up on the ODT for a couple weeks now. In the listing I refered to my gun as "like new" and posted high resolution pics of the pistol and accessories. I included with the gun 8 new SIG magazines, another barrel in .357 SIG, the original box, docs, and 500 rounds of ammo. The member that I traded with yesterday and I went back and forth several times about the gun both on PM's and texts for a couple days. I got the gun for my fiance' who carried it for a couple months then decided it was too heavy. I ran about 20 rounds thru it while I had it was in my possesion. I got her a lighter smaller gun and placed this one back in its box in my safe until a few weeks ago when I decided to offer it up. I drove about 26 miles to meet the guy yesterday afternoon. He inspected the gun throughly, taking it apart, inspecting the slide, both included barrels and trying each mag in it before we parted from the parking lot we met at . He was happy and so was I.

However, a few hours later he contacted me accusing me of selling him a gun that was not as listed after taking the gun to a range to try it out. He told me that I had listed it "as new" which was not true. He said upon "closer inspection" he noticed the barrel and slide had been coated with something that would not even hold lube. He accused me of "spray painting' the gun to hide the wear to which I informed him it had been Keracoated after speaking to the member I got it from and I had barely used the gun. He asked why I did not reveal that in the ad and he said he felt like I had "got him" for this deception.

My question is this; Did I "get him"?

From your description of events, you are clear--he has a problem. Las time I let someone dismantle a firearm, they couldn't even get it back together again..that ain't happening again.....:thumb:

i will do a quick inspection alot of the time, and if the gun works as advertised then i dont see an issue

i can do a quick inspection but then come to find out the firearm is malfunctioning then there is an issue with the seller

lots of grey area, i dont think you "got him" but if it had been cerakoted you next time need to mention that

- - - Updated - - -

lol, what weapon?

ya for real

Thats what I told my fiance' last night. I would much rather have a Ceracoated firearm than not, espically if it was going to be a carry piece, as it was for me and was going to be for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom