• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I get Lucky? Not that kind.

Brett

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
68   0
Reaction score
Picked up a Pedersoli Sharps rifle in 45-70 off of here and have been shooting the piss out of it. Looking it over after cleaning from the last range trip and admiring the nice engraving and gold buffalo inlay I saw it was signed by R. Sanzogni inc. and 1/100. Did I really luck into rifle #1 of 100 from a series? Looked up Renato Sanzogni and he is a Master Engraver and his company does work for Remington, Winchester and Pedersoli. I would guess this may increase the value of the rifle somewhat. What are some of y'alls thoughts on it? How much would the #1 of 100 in a series be to a collector I guess.

P5290003.JPG

P5290002.JPG

Picked up a Pedersoli Sharps rifle in 45-70 off of here and have been shooting the piss out of it. Looking it over after cleaning from the last range trip and admiring the nice engraving and gold buffalo inlay I saw it was signed by R. Sanzogni inc. and 1/100. Did I really luck into rifle #1 of 100 from a series? Looked up Renato Sanzogni and he is a Master Engraver and his company does work for Remington, Winchester and Pedersoli. I would guess this may increase the value of the rifle somewhat. What are some of y'alls thoughts on it? How much would the #1 of 100 in a series be to a collector I guess.

View attachment 3286312

View attachment 3286318

I estimate value to be approximately $3000.

It's a very nice piece and it should be a great shooter too!

Thanks everyone for the replies. The person I purchased this from PM'ed me with some more info. He had contacted Pedersoli when he got the rifle and this is what he found out.

"Per Pedersoli it was a special run of rifles made for Cape Outfitters . I think it might be marked Cape Outfitters under the barrel. It Is.

This is along the same lines of the exclusive items that Lew Horton sells.

Cape Outfitters was an importer, sporting goods and gun shop that used to advertise in the Shot Gun News, I think they went out of business upon the death of the owner. They tended to carry oddball and upper end goods of all types.

Per Pedersoli the rifles were from a group of 100 rifles made. The email from Pedersoli noted the features and engraving and that the rifle would be marked 1 of 100. From that I gathered that all were marked 1 of 100 rather than 1 of 100, 2 of 100, etc., they didn`t give me any idea of what number in the series that particular rifle may be nor did they indicate that this was in fact number 1 in that series."

Back
Top Bottom