• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Did you boycott the NFL and let the commies win in the process?

Did you boycott the NFL?

• yes! 'Murica

• no! 'Murica

• Tacos! Mexico!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just poking the bear here guys, lol. Yesterday I was caught standing up for Justin Timberlake for goodness sake.

I know the standard response here on ODT is something like, "I ain't gonna watch those america-hating sum*****es kneel fer our flag! F.T.N.F.L" But I would like to present an alternative perspective.

How about "I ain't gonna let those america hating sum*****es kneeling fer our flag destroy a manly and violent pastime that the liberal bed wetters hate"

The way I see it, football is one of the last manly things left in mainstream culture. The Left has been trying to destroy it for years because it represents so much of what they hate. I'm not gonna let a few disrespectful turds stand in the way of me watching what I consider the most exciting and strategically most interesting sport in the world. To do so is to let the lefties win IMO.

Now does it enrage me that someone would kneel out of contempt for our flag. Absolutely! Do I like that the NFL has taken a hit over it? Yes I do, that is what capitalism is all about and I appreciate the message being sent by the boycotters.

Do I want the NFL to cease to exist? Absolutely not!

1wpozy.jpg

1akx1p.jpg

cdn.sportige.com_wp_content_uploads_2017_09_NFL_isnt_about_Politics_1024x905.jpg
Life was to be enjoyed 10 years ago , Now it's trying to survive with all the unhappy people !

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I haven’t watched pro football all year.... but I did watch the super bowl. I saw some dude (famous I’m sure, I don’t know who he was) sing America The Beautiful, a WWII Medal of Honor recipient, along with many other MOH recipients participate in the coin toss. Everyone stand for the National Athem . An Air Force A10/P-51 Mustang fly-by. And, a pretty good football game.

All in all a good evening.

for me it went more like this.

im not gonna let some guys, who play a damn game for a living and are displaying their freedom of speech, prevent me from watching a sport i love because society thinks i should be "offended" - oh yah and we're not supposed to be the snow flakes, yet a knee touches the ground and then instantly sand right up the ***** :pound:

I know I am going to be described by FA as a "flag waver", (go eat a Snickers FA! lol), but I am a "flag waver" and have always been a "flag waver". The players who chose to kneel, that is their decision and of course they are welcome to their opinions. When they began to kneel, instead of standing for our flag, I chose not to watch them play. This was my decision and while some may not like it, it is my decision. Based on the score that was flashed all over the screen last night, it must have been a whale of a game. I would have liked to watch it, but I put certain things above a football game. Being the flag waver I am, I put our flag above football. You don't have to agree with me, I am not asking you to agree. We have different opinions, and I can live with that.

For me, it went more like this, talking with my wife of 41+ years... is there anything you would like to watch tonight, instead of watching some ungrateful, highly paid, SOBs dance on a football field? Of course, she found something to watch, and I quietly went about assembling another Mega Arms lower, cleaned three AR10/308's that I fired on Saturday, then I refilled some magazines, and next thing you know, it is was 11 o'clock and I didn't have a clue of what happened in the rest of the world. Afterwards, I had a restful night's sleep.

Back
Top Bottom