• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Didn't Sonic State Leave Guns at Home

Even if they had doors to walk through, simply declaring on the news or posting signs is not legally binding in GA. They have to ask you specifically to remove your gun from the premises.

You really might want to rethink that statement.
Nobody needs to ask you anything. All they have to do is pick up the phone and call LE, then you get to explain to the officer while he's responding to a MWAG call, that well you know the signs don't mean anything so......
You will be detained and you may go for a ride.....

Ok so I am to understand that the signs at the awful waffles
are just a suggestion since I conceal carry?

Unfortunately they are a bit more than that, they are notice of the property owners decision not to allow weapons. Whether or not you noticed the sign is what you will be asked and if it gets ugly you will be asked that in court. YMMV
The sign is just that a sign. Ignoring it, failure to notice, etc., is not a crime in GA, but in TN it is.

All that being said I OC at waffle house and Sonic all the time

You ar
You really might want to rethink that statement.
Nobody needs to ask you anything. All they have to do is pick up the phone and call LE, then you get to explain to the officer while he's responding to a MWAG call, that well you know the signs don't mean anything so......
You will be detained and you may go for a ride.....

Unfortunately they are a bit more than that, they are notice of the property owners decision not to allow weapons. Whether or not you noticed the sign is what you will be asked and if it gets ugly you will be asked that in court. YMMV
The sign is just that a sign. Ignoring it, failure to notice, etc., is not a crime in GA, but in TN it is.

All that being said I OC at waffle house and Sonic all the time
You are wrong for the time being. In Georgia you have to be asked unless the premises is specified by law.
Now I believe that if challenged the law will have case law against us, if there are ridiculous abuses, and disrespect to the property owners.

Back
Top Bottom