• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Didn't Sonic State Leave Guns at Home

The store owner/manger/representative doesn't need to ask you if he can call the police.
"There's a nut with a gun in my store" call to LE doesn't require any initial contact with you and most stores have a no contact policy. Call 911 is policy.
Only disregard if asked is grounds for a formal trespass charge.

But like I said you will be detained and depending on your answers or dept policy or any number of things it may get ugly.

Can you elaborate on this statement?
Property owner will likely challenge at some point as to the signs being adequate warning, and I would expect property rights to win out and case law would be that signs hold weight.

Would take but a few LARPERs to push this. Not saying I want this, but I expect it at some
Point.

The store owner/manger/representative doesn't need to ask you if he can call the police.
"There's a nut with a gun in my store" call to LE doesn't require any initial contact with you and most stores have a no contact policy. Call 911 is policy.
Only disregard if asked is grounds for a formal trespass charge.

But like I said you will be detained and depending on your answers or dept policy or any number of things it may get ugly.
OK I see what you are saying,

Property owner will likely challenge at some point as to the signs being adequate warning, and I would expect property rights to win out and case law would be that signs hold weight.

Would take but a few LARPERs to push this. Not saying I want this, but I expect it at some
Point.

Interesting, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom