• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dillon 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an FYI:

You can get get Dillon products from Graff and Sons. Their web site is better than Dillon's and the shipping is often free.

There is also a guy on the Reloading for Sale forum that has a lot of new Dillon merchandise. All the prices are about the same. I went withe Graffs because I bought a press setup for 38 SuperComp on sale. The shell plate will work for 223.

i sold the Square Deal for bench space. It worked well but required more tweaking than the the 550 for proper operation.

I only load a couple hundred at a time and several calibers. The case feeder is too much to change for several calibers. If the 650 had not been on sale, I would have happily stuck with the 550.

All you are going to change in the casefeeder is the plate, 2 screws and most of the cartridges you listed will be the same. And as far as changing primer size it;s a snap. I may have a couple of extra conversions.

So far, it is great. I have set it up for forty caliber. Definately easier to use than the 550.

Without the case feeder, I drop 20 cases in the tube and start loading in runs of 15 at a time. I will likely buy the case feeder down the road, but for now, this works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom