• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dillon 650

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, it is great. I have set it up for forty caliber. Definately easier to use than the 550.

Without the case feeder, I drop 20 cases in the tube and start loading in runs of 15 at a time. I will likely buy the case feeder down the road, but for now, this works fine.

I don't know how a Dillon Case Feeder Tube is set-up, but you might be able to craft an extension for it with clear plastic tubing (like found on the Lee Case Feeder / Collator) ...

If you could craft some sort of stand to incorporate the Lee Case Feed, 4 tube stand / collator into it ... that would be a simple, inexpensive interim solution.
When I get the time, I'm going to give it a try with my Hornady LNL AP ... That Lee Case Collator works super nice!

For projectiles, I use the clear tubes to form an extension for the Hornady Bullet Feed Dies (9/40/45) ~$25 each. Two foot lengths of tube will hold around 50+ projectiles. I drilled holes in the ends of the tubes for pins to hold a full tube of projectiles ... kinda like a spare, filled primer-tube! I remove the empty tube, replace it with a "full" tube, pull the bottom pin and let 'er rip! I just wish Hornady would make a 5.56 mm Bullet Feed Die ... those little bullets are a real PITA to hand feed!

The best place to get the proper sized tubes is from Linens and Things ... Aquarium Tubing ... I have an older post here on ODT with the sizes.

My Unicorn is to someday own a 1050 ,,, that will be right after I win the Lottery though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom